MCE Standby Tool 0.9.69: native MP support (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Try using the "Restart MediaPortal on resume..." setting in the MP config and disable the MST's restart for MP.

At the risk of sounding like a total noob, is this something that's been introduced in an SVN since 0.2.3.0 Final (which is what I'm running)? Or is it something to do with TVE3 (I'm running TVE2)?

Yes, it's only available in the SVN versions.

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Cool - thanks for the pointer. Had to do a major reinstall as was getting some very odd aspect ratio issues, but it looks good now. I'll give it a test and see how it works.

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    Oh good, now I'm getting the black screen/straight back into standby problem with no 3rd party apps loaded. :mad:

It would appear that if there is any app running (MST, Girder, MP with restart on resume option) that listens for the "resuming from standby" signal then this problem occurs. I guess I should probably open a seperate thread on this and start Googling for similar issues, but if anyone has any ideas...

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Am I supposed to use MST WITH Mediaportal Powerscheduler client plugin and TV-server powerscheduler or what?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Am I supposed to use MST WITH Mediaportal Powerscheduler client plugin and TV-server powerscheduler or what?

In theory now you should not need it, what are the issues you are having, maybe we can give you some pointers.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Well the original issue was that with MP Powerscheduler client plugin and TV Server Powerscheduler I didn't manage to get my system go to standby at all.

Now I would like to try this with MST but the question is do I still need to configure MP/TV Server power settings somehow?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Well the original issue was that with MP Powerscheduler client plugin and TV Server Powerscheduler I didn't manage to get my system go to standby at all.

Have both doing that, on xp and vista.

Normally if this happens i would look at first check OS power settings (mine are set at never), then Device manager to see if something is forcing your pc to stay awake.

I take it this is all on a single pc, or is it server and seperate client.

all MST will do, is make sure the "usb" registry entry is correct for resume from remote, it can also be usefull for identifying devices that will wake up your pc (disable the one you do not need in DM).

I had a problem with Logitech's mouse\keyboard software installed, whichever setting i altered the thing refused to go into standby, so be aware of something outside MP may be affecting it.

ps. if you do use MST, to get full benefit install it, and yes all 3 need to be setup, but if you have set a option in TVServerPowerscheduler or powerscheduler client, try not to duplicate it in MST, ie shutdown MP prior to standby\resume\ restart MP, these can all be done either in MP's config or TVServer's..

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Okay, thanks.

But still no luck going to standby. I configured MST, MP Powerscheduler plugin and TV Server Powerscheduler.

MP Powerscheduler plugin and TV Server Powerscheduler plugin both have quite similar settings.

MST is just configured to use S3 and no MediaPortal specific settings are set, that means no automatical MP starts or restarts are set.

What devices can prevent the system for going to standby? Should I blame my network adapter for example? I currently have only wireless USB Logitech mouse connected and a network connection.

I'm running single-seat setup, MP and TV Server are both SVN 17418.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I found following lines in the error.log:

2008-02-26 14:02:44.750000 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerSchedulerClientPlugin exception:confused:ystem.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientTransportSink.ProcessAndSend(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders headers, Stream inputStream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Interfaces.IPowerController.RegisterRemote(String standbyHandlerURI, String wakeupHandlerURI)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerScheduler.OnResume()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerScheduler.Start()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerSchedulerClientPlugin.Start()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

Where is it trying to connect? Why the connection is refused, because the TVServer is not running or what?

I haven't managed to get my HTPC go to standby :(

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Note to self: Standby works better if the Powerscheduler plugin is ENABLED in TVServer configuration :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom