MceRemoteReceiver plugin - MCE remote support in MP2 (1 Viewer)

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
So. My first testing is done. :)
I used the winter release for testing and added your plugin. As soon as my Mantis account is running again (Homey knows about it) I'll add my results there.

- Is there a possibility to setup the key to be pressed for the Tray-Client-Launcher? As harmony user I've not mapped my green button. Because I've never used it before. Long time ago I used the tray program of MP1 but since some time I've got only mapped Win+1 (MP is my first program in my task bar :p ) It would be cool to have something like "start when I press my menu button" or something like this
- In MP2 the buttons work without issues and really fast.
- Some buttons especially the color buttons are not mapped. So there is no possibility to switch between gui and running movie (here in the forum the mapped keys link does not work)
- When I move forward / backward with the arrow buttons "<<" and ">>" everything works great but when I use repeat "|<<" nothing happens. If it works with real mce remotes it could be some harmony issue, too.

Furthermore I noticed that some "navigation orders" should be changed in the titanium skin in MediaPortal 2. With "navigation order" I mean the order in which the buttons are selected when I navigate through the software. (it could be also in other skins, I'll check that) I'll add a new thread in the forum for this.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for testing and the report (y).

- Is there a possibility to setup the key to be pressed for the Tray-Client-Launcher? As harmony user I've not mapped my green button. Because I've never used it before. Long time ago I used the tray program of MP1 but since some time I've got only mapped Win+1 (MP is my first program in my task bar :p ) It would be cool to have something like "start when I press my menu button" or something like this
    The MP2-ClientLauncher waits for the Start-key being pressed. The MceRemoteReceiver.dll translates the MCE events into MP2 button key presses.
    The default mapping is defined in ProgramFiles\MP2-Client\Tools\MP2-ClientLauncher\DefaultRemoteMap.xml
    There you can see the S:confused:tart , which can be mapped to any other button being sent by the MceRemote as well.
    Modifying this mapping does not affect the remote mapping within the MP2 GUI.

- Some buttons especially the color buttons are not mapped. So there is no possibility to switch between gui and running movie

- When I move forward / backward with the arrow buttons "<<" and ">>" everything works great but when I use repeat "|<<" nothing happens. If it works with real mce remotes it could be some harmony issue, too.
    Within the remote mapping they are mapped, but within MP2 GUI/screens are not actions defined, yet to act on this events / button presses. So it is more an issue related to MP2 in general than the MceRemoteReceiver only.
    @offbyone is working new concepts for the MP2 input handling, which might address some of these issues.

BTW: leaving the video is possible by ESC / Back button and for re-opening the video there is a menu item. It is also possible to map keys to actions like switching back to fullscreen, but unfortunately this stuff is not documented in wiki, yet.
    Nevertheless this might also be covered by the input handling concepts.

(here in the forum the mapped keys link does not work)
    Which link do you mean? In general we try to document such things in wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/9_Reference/Keyboard_shortcuts

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As soon as my Mantis account is running again (Homey knows about it) I'll add my results there.
    No need to duplicate the feedback. Let's keep the discussions and questions here in forums and use the mantis issues only for specific bugs, issues. Normally it also be reported in mantis if something is working as expected or a fix is confirmed, but this time we also can keep it here in forums, since the plugin is not available within MP2 repo. It's in my own fork currently.

I am not sure, yet if we include it in the MP2 repo. The code itself might needs some cleanup. @morpheus_xx What do you think? Would it be okay to have it in incubator and included in the next release? Or are the major code cleanups / changes needed? (Keeping the input handling rework in mind there will be reworks again). I might not be able to cleanup / rework the code the next time, too much things here. So if this would be required then I would leave it as a separated plugin for now.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like to have a MCE remote solution integrated in Alpha 2, as it provides a much better user experience.

When I looked at the code last time, it required at least some cleanups ;) Before we bring the version into MP2 tree we should do this cleanup and work on the remaining mapping issues to get Alpha 2 soon.

The navigation rework discussion should not affect work on this plugin (IMO).

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think for some out of the box user experience such a functionality whould be included in some release. Wuch thinks have to be standard. Imho

mats_o

Portal Member
    September 18, 2011
    another wote for Built in MCE support in Alpha two.
    I also would like to request a return to "media" button so that you can get back to your movie/video/tv/whatever directly if you happend to be browsing a menu or so.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I found an issue with MCE remote plugin:

Without using it, my "back" key on remote was already working fine. When I place in the MCE remote plugin, the "back" action is executed twice, probably first by internal key, second by MCE remote plugin...

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, it's working fine here :confused:

Which remote model do you use?
    Is Irss still installed / running?
    Did you enable the automatic buttons (revert this) before uninstalling Irss?

Back itself is handled on OS level and not mapped again by this plugin:
    https://github.com/chefkoch/MediaPo...or/MceRemoteReceiver/DefaultRemoteMap.xml#L16

I only took the code from MP1, is your remote working there? The Mce code in IRSS is more powerful because it catches the event on driver level and allows complete remapping rather than this (or the MP1 internal) Mce code which is using the HID events and not able to remap some buttons (all the disabled ones within the link above).
    IIRC the Irss Mce code requires being run on admin level, so this might be something worth for the InputService, whcih is planned or implemented as a MceHelperService only. The last option i.e. is also used by EventGhost when enabling the Mce remote support.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh yes, you were right, sorry :confused:

The IRSS was still active and caused some double actions. So no problem with plugin :)

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using an MCE remote with the IRTrans (USB) receiver (works fine in MP1 and XMBC). Is there a way to make this one work in MP2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom