Tools and other software Media-Buddy - the MKV Buddy successor. (2 Viewers)

mpsam

Portal Pro
June 16, 2009
If I understand correctly, it should look like this,

JSON:
"Rating": [
    {
      "SetRating": "G",
      "ContainsRating": [
        "0",
        "*-0",
        "* 0",
        "DE-0"
      ]
    },
    {
      "SetRating": "PG",
        "6",
        "*-6",
        "* 6",
        "DE-6",
      ]
    },
    {
      "SetRating": "PG-13",
        "12",
        "*-12",
        "* 12",
        "DE-12"
      ]
    },
    {
      "SetRating": "R",
        "18",
        "*-18",
        "* 18",
        "DE-18",
      ]
    }
    {
      "SetRating": "NC-17",
        "18",
        "*-18",
        "* 18",
        "DE-18",
      ]
    }
    {
      "SetRating": "TV-Y",
        "0",
        "*-0",
        "* 0",
      ]
    }
    {
      "SetRating": "TV-Y7",
         "6",
        "*-6",
        "* 6",
        "TV-Y7-FV"
      ]
    }
    {
      "SetRating": "TV-G",

]
    }
    {
      "SetRating": "TV-PG",
        "12",
        "*-12",
        "* 12",
      ]
    }
    {
      "SetRating": "TV-14",
        "16",
        "*-16",
        "* 16",
      ]
    }
    {
      "SetRating": "TV-MA",
         "18",
        "*-18",
        "* 18",
      ]
    }
  ],

It appears that the US is alone in using one rating system for TV and another for Cinema. Can the program accommodate that?
Also, it appears that you have included, German, USA and UK ratings. Is that correct?

Happy Holidays to you too.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It appears that the US is alone in using one rating system for TV and another for Cinema. Can the program accommodate that?
    You can add as much "SetRating" tags as you want. Or you can remove all of them, then no matching is done at all and the rating is added exactly as written in TMDB.
    Your matching should work excerpt that German ratings are always starting with "FSK ", not with "De-". FSK is the name of the organisation that is responsible for the ratings in Germany... So the correct ratings are "FSK 0" for any age, "FSK 6" for children of 6 years or older, "FSK 12" for teenagers of 12 years or older, "FSK 16" for people of 16 years or older and finally "FSK 18" for adults of 18 years and above...

The matching mainly is done to allow MP, Kodi and similar to show a logo with the local rating even if there is no local rating entered at TMDB.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Lehmden This conversation got me to thinking maybe I could write a script to cycle through my movies and update the nfo files. But I can't seem to figure out the proper way to supply the arguments for nfo4htpcv2.
    I was thinking it would be like this:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Media-Buddy\nfo4htpcv2.exe" --type:movies --folder:C:\tmp

EDIT: Never mind, I obviously had an error in my command line. I found the log files and copied the working command line from there and it worked. I must have had a comma vs period or something silly like that.

Just one quick question now. Is it possible to execute the program and only update the nfo file without downloading the artwork and posters?
    Thanks!

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is it possible to execute the program and only update the nfo file without downloading the artwork and posters?
    Yes, but you should use Media-Buddy for this. nfo4htpc is developed to work with Media-Buddy. So most of the configuration for nfo4htpc is saved inside Media-Buddy.

MB.jpg

As long as you have not ticked "refresh graphics" and/or "refresh .nfo" existing files are not touched. If you want to renew the .nfo but not the graphics you must tick "Refresh .nfo" and leave "Refresh graphics" unticked. Then search for your movies folder and press "Start". That is anything you need to do...

I would suggest to do not ,more than around 100-200 movies at a time. The list of movies has to be kept in RAM. If you work on too many movies at once this may result in an "Out of Memory" error... Aside this it will take it's time to grab such a big amount of movies, even with fast internet connection.

And you can select which graphic types you want to have and which one you don't want. (before hitting "Start" for sure). On my screenshot everything will be downloaded, incl. chapters (if it can be found online). Existing graphics are not touched so only missing ones are loaded. This is my default setup. After you're done you can use the "Correction - Movies" module to check if your fanart and metadata is as you like them. If not you can correct the metadata/fanart that are not as wanted.

Happy New Year.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Perfect, I should have known that was already built in. Thanks for the explanation. And Happy New Year to you too!

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Just tested it out. I had never used your program like this before. I always preprocessed them then stored them in the movies folder. This is super helpful! While I was testing, I came across an error that pops up every now and then. It doesn't seem to cause any problems with the processing that I have noticed, at least not in the past anyway. I've attached the screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-01 071732.png
      Screenshot 2023-01-01 071732.png
      33.8 KB

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,

I have the same problem as the poster before me with the newest version of MediaBuddy:

20230112-153314.png

I can provide a log via PM if needed.

Cheers

BlueMax

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I should have been more precise. It happens every time I grab metadata and artwork for movies and Media-Buddy terminates after that and leaves the files in a temporary subfolder. Artwork is there and a proper .nfo file also.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Sadly it's very hard to identify what exactly causes this problem. It definitely came from missing or inaccurate external data (from TMDB or similar) or from faulty media files (playable, but with not well formatted file header causing mediainfo to deliver crap). Nearly 80% of the whole code of Media-Buddy is to catch faulty external data as you have to find and catch every single bit of possible issue one by one. It simply is impossible to find every single possible issue with the data as long as the don't appear here. Everything I find here, I instantly fix. Maybe this is already fixed in my local version...

When I can reproduce the issue here running the not compiled script, I can see the real line of code, that is causing this. But in compiled version all includes are listed in one big piece, so the shown line did not say anything. Easiest would be, if you install Autoit (it's free) and run the source (Is included in the installation) from within the IDE. Then the given line easily identifies the exact place in code where the issue appear. Without logs and running the compiled version only it simply is impossible to find, what's causing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom