Tools and other software Media-Buddy - the MKV Buddy successor. (2 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There is a new version of Media-Buddy, 1.2.0.9.
    New features are above all the uncomplicated support for HDR10 and DolbyVision encoded videos. These are now fully transparently supported. You don't have to worry about anything else. However, the feature was only tested with Intel Quick Sync because I don't have Nvidia or AMD graphics available. However, the slow but high-quality coding via software encoder definitely works. If there are problems with the AMD or Nvidia hardware coding, please let me know, thank you.

And the TVDB is back as a data source for series. Since we thankfully received a free API key for our project, we can again use TVDB as a data source for series without restrictions.
    TVDB_2.jpg

You can now choose which data source (TVDB or TMDB) should be preferred. If nothing is found for the preferred source, the other source is used as a fallback. This is how you get the highest possible hit rate.

Also, metadata for audio is working again.
    Audio_2.jpg

After TheAudioDB blocked the API completely if you didn't pay a horrendous sum for an API key every month, it hadn't worked for a while. Now that has been switched to Musicbrainz. Unfortunately, Musicbrainz doesn't have biographies, genres and the like in the API. But with the alternative Discogs you don't get that in the API either. On the other hand, the hit rate when searching with the artist's name is significantly worse. As a small compensation, the fanart from fanart.tv is now loaded, wherever particularly high-quality graphics are available. There is also a button that takes you directly to the relevant Wikipedia article (if available), from which you can easily copy and paste the artist's biography and paste it into artist.nfo. A link to Discogs is also available.

In the future there will also be a possibility to provide an artist's albums with additional graphics. However, this is currently not functional, which is why the corresponding button is still deactivated

Since it is easily possible to use fanart.tv after the preparatory work has been carried out, there will later also be the possibility for series, feature films and music not only to use locally stored fanart as an exchange for the existing graphics, but also a selection (with a preview, of course ) of the corresponding alternatives on fanart.tv, which you can then download and integrate directly. You can still search for suitable graphics via Google, for example, and download them in order to use them. But you can also get the corresponding graphics from fanart.tv without having to search.

And for music, just like for series (TVDB or TMDB), there will be a possibility to pass this to the search algorithm by means of an empty text file containing the Musicbrainz ID of the artist, whereby the hit rate is 100%. For films, this ID (TMDB or IMDB) is passed in the file name.

The download is available wherever you can find it. See first post here.
    And now have fun.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi @Lehmden I just got a chance to use your new version on a series today. It acts like it is hard coded to download the metadata in German. I tried setting it to a few languages other than English and it still used the German language. I've been using it for Movies and they work fine.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I found the issue. This is due to "new" TVDB API needing three letter language code ("eng"). Everything else (TMDB, IMDB, fanart.tv,...) is using two letter language code ("en"). This setting is stored in the settings file but is not changed when changing the settings in GUI. Simply forgot to implement this. So this bug is affecting TVDB only. If you use TMDB as data source for series, it will scrap the metadata in English, if you select "en" as language....

This will be fixed in next version. Up to then you can fix it yourself by editing the file "nfo4HTPCv2.Settings.json" (it's a plain text file, so notepad or similar is doing the job) in the installation folder. A few lines from the top there is " "Language_ThreeLetter": "deu", ". If you change this to " "Language_ThreeLetter": "eng", " (or whatever language you prefer) and save the file, on the next start of Media-Buddy also series metadata is scrapped from TVDB in your language...

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Anyone having problems getting fanart and metadata for movies and series? Everything was working great a day or so ago. I installed on another laptop (just in case microsoft did something weird) but I get the same problem. It makes an .nfo file for movies but that's it. Its left in the working folder that looks similar to this 00-nfo4HTPCv2-Serpico (1973).

For series it doesn't seem to do anything. When I run it on a series it appears to crash. and the file remains where it was without any metadata or fanart. I attached two logs, one when I ran media-buddy and the other when I ran nfo4htpc from the command line.
    It doesn't appear to be Media-Buddy itself, but something really weird is going on.

EDIT: I got American Dad! S20E10 to work this morning, but still crashing / aborting on Archer and Disenchanted. I tried switching the pref TVDB / TMDB and it did not seem to make any difference.

Attachments

• nfo4htpc_cmd_line_log.txt
      6.2 KB
    • nfo4HTPCv2.log
      1.8 KB
    Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The same happens here when trying to grab from TVDB. There is an error in TVDB data result on series Archer (2009), so nothing we can do against it, just wait and hope it will get fixed there.

Aside this it looks as if you're using a version of nfo4htpc that has a bug not respecting the chosen data source. Please exchange your version of nfo4.htpc.exe with the one from the attached zip. Then try to use TMDB on this series. At least here it works with TMDB.

By the way, if no tvshow.nfo exists and you are using a TVDB-xxxxx.txt or a TMDB-xxxxxx.txt you need to use the same data source as in your Media-Buddy settings (TVDB-xxxx.txt if you're using TVDB and vice versa)...

Attachments

• nfo4HTPCv2.zip
      1,016.4 KB

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi @Lehmden,
    Thanks for info, I was not able to download the file you attached, I get a 404 error here.
    I did check the version from the logs though, and it shows I'm using nfo4HTPCv2 v2.05.068 (03/10/2023)

I did testing with 3 series using tvdb, and tmdb files, and also tvshow files using both tvdb and tmdb.
    American Dad! worked in all 3 modes.
    Disenchantment and Archer would only work with a tmdb file. So, thanks for pointing that out above, I can work around tvdb now.
    edit: forgot to add, it makes an nfo file each time it runs so, you have to delete the nfo file to use the tmdb file again.
    edit2: Just did a Futurama episode and it worked fine with just the tvshow.nfo file. Weird. I don't know what to think now lol.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I also got an 404 error (dunno why) so please try this link:

it makes an nfo file each time it runs so, you have to delete the nfo file to use the tmdb file again.
    This is as expected, the txt file only is a help to identify the series for the first time as long as no "tvshow.nfo" exists for this series. After that the ID from the tvshow.nfo is used instead, so the txt file is obsolete... Mostly the tvshow.nfo contains TVDB-ID, TMDB-ID and IMDB-ID, if available. And if they are not all existing in your tvshow.nfo you can add the missing ones in the Media-Buddy GUI easily... The issue only is, if you want to grab from TMDB, but only have the TVDB-ID. But your version of nfo4htpc always uses TVDB, no matter which settings are done. That's why you need to replace it with the 2.05.144 version from the zip file that respects the settings.
    The txt files are similar to the naming on movies. If you name the video file something like tt1234567.mkv (or whatever ending it may have). This way the movie is identified 100% accurate. But after grabbing it will be renamed to your chosen naming scheme. For series this kind of naming for the video file is not possible (as it is needed to identify the season and episodes numbers, not the series), so here the txt files jump in...

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    @Lehmden I was able to download from your new link. I'll do some testing later tonight. Thanks for your work!

Edit: It's working great now. Thanks again!! Still the hiccups with tvdb but I'm sure that's on them, they are flaky at times.
    They renumbered a series on me about a week ago. One time they changed a huge series to use actual years instead of regular seasons, only to change it back a few months later. I was HOT :mad: lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom