MP2 - V2.3.2 [solved] media import (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @kevin939 your logs show that you are missing some dlls for the BassLibraries plugin in your server plugin directory, which is integral for audio importing.
    Code:
    [2021-05-06 12:55:18,806] [5543   ] [Main     ] [ERROR] - Error parsing plugin descriptor file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\BassLibraries\plugin.xml'
    System.ArgumentException: Plugin 'BassLibraries': Assembly DLL file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\BassLibraries\BassRegistration.dll' does not exist
       at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor.ParseRuntimeElement(XPathNavigator runtimeNavigator, String pluginDirectory)
       at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor.Load(String pluginDirectoryPath)
    [2021-05-06 12:55:18,821] [5559   ] [Main     ] [ERROR] - Error loading plugin in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\BassLibraries'
    System.ArgumentException: Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\BassLibraries' doesn't contain a valid plugin descriptor file
       at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor..ctor(String pluginDirectoryPath)
       at MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.LoadPluginsData()
    You can try unzipping the attached and copying it into %programfiles(x86)%\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins, overwriting if prompted, though the fact those files are missing in the first place might be indicative of a wider issue, in which case a reinstall of the server might be needed.

Attachments

• BassLibraries.zip
      1.8 MB

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Bother or words to that effect.....must have had 2.2.3 installed and confused it with 2.3.2.....no excuse

just updated the server and the clients to 2.3.2 just to make sure. Imported media and import is looking good. I suspect lots of configuring the GUI to sort the albums view but at leat I have a working environment

BIG THANKS

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bother or words to that effect.....must have had 2.2.3 installed and confused it with 2.3.2.....no excuse

just updated the server and the clients to 2.3.2 just to make sure. Imported media and import is looking good. I suspect lots of configuring the GUI to sort the albums view but at leat I have a working environment

BIG THANKS
    Ok, good it helped. Idially server and client should always have the same version, which doesn't mean different versions can never work.
    But could be also, that you tried to install the right server version and the installation was not completed and corrupted as @Brownard realized missing files.

Users who are viewing this thread