Media Importer - Most video files have no results in Possible Matches (1 Viewer)

gfurm

Portal Member
December 12, 2008
TextZombie: I just tried that and it works like you said. IMDB just broke this for us :(

TextZombie

December 12, 2008
After further investigation I think I've found the offending change in the imdb html. Though I don't have a "before" sample of imdb html to work with; the first line below matches the regex in the scrapper script, whereas the second doesn't. The new code looks like some kind of tracking script disguised as an image.

The html that probably used to look like :

Code:
<br><a href="/title/tt0137523/">Fight Club</a> (1999)</td></tr>

Now looks like :

Code:
<br><a href="/title/tt0137523/" 
onclick="(new Image()).src='/rg/find-title-1/title_popular/images/b.gif?link=/title/tt0137523/';">
Fight Club</a> (1999)</td></tr>

Breaking the regex in the scrapper.

P

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
UPDATE: If you feel uncomfortable following this procedure you can just upgrade to 0.6.2 which includes the new version of this sccript (no other changes). If you already have this script applied an upgrade is not necessary. A few more details here, and you can download here.

Yeah, IMDb changed their site. You guys need to update your IMDb scripts for Moving Pictures.

1. Download the attached XML file.
  2. Open your Moving Pictures config screen.
  3. Goto the Movie Importer tab.
  4. Click the Data Sources button (see image below).
  5. Click the plus (+) button to add a new script. (see image below)
  6. In the file selection dialog that pops up, select the IMDb.xml file you just downloaded.
  7. Verify the new version of the script has been loaded. This version is 1.0.10, published Dec. 12th, 2008. (see image below)

Now you have the new script and you should be able to retrieve movie details again. To get Moving Pictures to re-search for all the unmatched items listed in the importer, you either need to restart MediaPortal or restart the Importer. To restart the importer:

1. Goto the Movie Importer tab.
  2. Click the Matches button if it is not already clicked (next to the previously mentioned Data Sources button).
  3. On the toolbar click the gear.
  4. Click restart importer.

Thank Armand for getting this script fixed so quickly. :p

Attachments

• imdb1.jpg
    imdb1.jpg
    72.9 KB
  • imdb2.jpg
    imdb2.jpg
    93.5 KB
  • imdb3.jpg
    imdb3.jpg
    95.9 KB
  • IMDb.xml
    30.6 KB

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Awesome thought it was just me lastnight so I waited and looked today and you guys fixed it already, thank you

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008
    It's been said already in this thread, but it's worth saying again. Thanks for the prompt response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom