Media Portal 1.3 & Iphone geht das...??? (1 Viewer)

Werner shwa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 21, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ja ich verstehe das auch nicht ganz....
    Ich finde das ja ganz toll, dass Berns sich so viell Mühe macht, aber mir erscheint der Weg über alle Versionen ab 1,2,0 doch sehr umständlich, denn dann müsste ich meine eigentlich relativ stabile aktuelle Installation über den "Haufen" werfen...

Mbuzina du schreibst, dass bei Dir ipimp läuft, wenn ich das richtig sehe auf der 1,2,3 ...???

Ich bin jetzt seit einiger Zeit auf der 1,3,0 hatte es aber schon früher mal auf der 1,2,3 versucht aber auch ohne Erfolg...

Wahrscheinlich habe ich da auch schon was falsch gemacht, leider ist mein technisches Englisch nicht so gut und dadurch sind Fehler meinerseits nicht auszuschliessen, da fast alle Beiträge und auch das Wiki für ipimp in Englisch sind :(

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bei mir läuft das einfach ;-)

Die installation habe ich mal so unter 1.2 gemacht und danach nur noch up-gedated. Also keine Ahnung gerade ob ich iPiMP auch auf nen 1.3 (mein aktueller htpc) oder ner 1.4 (meine Testkiste) draufbekommen würde.

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    For those who are interested in the progress on my setup:
    -This morning I moved the client from 1.2.0 to 1.2.3 and iPimp was still operational on remote control as well as on stream to mobile phone.
    -Then I moved client and server from 1.2.3 to 1.3 and iPimp is still operational.

Werner Shwa,

I've now completed my setup, and I can guarantee you that iPimp runs on 1.3 in a multi seat setup
    On my live environment I was running server 1.2.3 and client 1.2.3 before I re-installed my client (new motherboard).
    I did not change anything on my server.
    I used the procedure mentioned only on client side. Up until v1.2.3 it was familiar to me.
    The only part that I never executed live was moving from 1.2.3 to 1.3, and that operation has now also been completed with success.

mbuzina,
    I know that 1.2 and 1.2.3 are outdated. I'm just providing people a way to have 1.3 working with iPimp.
    I have tested the procedure multiple times on various PC's in testing environment.
    Now I've just used it on my production environment. That is the one used in the living room by wife, kids and myself.
    As you can see above: the procedure worked fine ... again.
    And actually, as you reflected on it, you have executed it as well ;-)

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Werner Shwa,
    I just noticed that your printscreen shows version 5.1.0.744 for the transcoder, with unknown author.
    My 1.3 server does not see the transcoder as incompatible, has version 5.2.0.804 and the author is Cheezey.
    The version of iPimp I have installed is 5.2.0.821 beta for 1.2.0.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom