Media Portal 2 EPG data missing (1 Viewer)

TonyJM

Portal Member
July 16, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi All

I recently, well 4 or 5 months ago, upgraded from MP1 to MP2 (2.1.3).

I am grabbing EPG data from the tuners and all has been well until now. Today I have noticed all the channels show "No program data" in the EPG. I have scrolled back and every channel had data up till midnight last night - after the program which was showing at midnight ended, there was no data for any program after that.

I have not changed anything for weeks, so am pretty sure its not something which anyone has changed. I have checked the settings in the TV configurator and everything looks OK - I am getting data from DVB-T (UK) so CRC check is unticked - although I did try ticking this to see whether it made any difference... it didn't.

So... can anyone offer any advice... is there a way to force MP2 to try to update the EPG?

When I was running MP1 I used a paid for EPG service and XMLTV but don't really want to have to start subscribing to a paid service again as the EPG data from the tuner has been great for the last few months!

Any pointers appreciated.

TonyJM

Portal Member
July 16, 2016
Home Country
OK - a quick update...

After rebooting the PC a couple of times I noticed that the HDD was showing a lot of activity and all of a sudden 'some' of the channels are now showing program data. But... where before I could select a channel with no EPG data and watch the program that was on - now when I try to view a channel I get a red X appear on the right edge of the screen towards the top with a number over the top of it. Every time I try to view a channel the number over the X increments by 1 as though its recording the number of times I try to watch the program.

The PC is only used for our TV and nothing else, so is always on... so I will leave it on an VNC in from work during the day to see whats going on... again any help appreciated.

Thanks.

TonyJM

Portal Member
July 16, 2016
Home Country
I have just VNC'd into my PC and now I have a mouse and keyboard rather than a media remote to control it with I have found that if I click the red X mentioned above it brings up an error messge which says "Error invoking action 'StartTimeshift'.

Any thoughts?

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It may be related to the terrestrial frequency changes that are happening in the UK (there were some changes in Scotland today), which transmitter are you using? There's a thread with updates and a list of affected transmitters here.

TonyJM

Portal Member
July 16, 2016
Home Country
This looks possible as my transmitted is on the list... I'll copy the XML file over and see what happens... I'll let you know.

Thanks Jasmeet ;)

TonyJM

Portal Member
July 16, 2016
Home Country
Thanks Jasmeet_181 - OK now I have updated my transmitters XML file when I try to watch a channel I get a spinning windows 10 icon but DONT get the Timeshift error. I still dont get to watch a channel... but I suspect this might be because I am using VNC to connect remotely... when I get home I will check again. At the moment the EPG still shows No program data - but when I first set MP2 up I remember I left it and went to bed and when I came back it was all populated - so will see what happens later today.

I have rebooted the PC... do you know whether I need to rescan my channels?

Thanks again and I will come back to let people know how I get on.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
do you know whether I need to rescan my channels?
Yes, that will be required. Also worth mentioning that MP will create new channels for any that have changed frequency, rather than update the existing entries so you'll need to delete the old ones. Scheduled recordings can be exported before hand and then reimported afterwards.

TonyJM

Portal Member
July 16, 2016
Home Country
Yes, that will be required. Also worth mentioning that MP will create new channels for any that have changed frequency, rather than update the existing entries so you'll need to delete the old ones. Scheduled recordings can be exported before hand and then reimported afterwards.

Thanks again Jasmeet_181 - I rescanned the channels at lunchtime and it now shows 98 rather than 92... so I guess there are a few new ones. I re-imported the schedules as I do keep a backup of these, but there is still no EPG listed or working TV... so I am going to leave it for a few hours to see whether it downloads and recreates the EPG from the tuners.

I'll let you know how I get on later.

TonyJM

Portal Member
July 16, 2016
Home Country
OK, still not working :(

All the channels show in the configurator, but in the MP2 GUI when I click on TV Guide - I get my channel list (all the channel numbers have changed again - wish I knew how to use backend channel numbers :() but all the channels say "No program data". Also when I try to watch any channel I get a "Error invoking action 'StartTimeshift' error.

I reconfigured the EPG grabber settings to ensure grabbing while idle is unticked, EPG grabbing while timeshifting/recording is ticked and all the channels are selected - so am at a loss why its not working.

Out of desperation I 're-installed' MP2 checking the "repair" option and still no luck :(

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Without log files we can not support you well, could you please attach them.
    The scan and opening of EPG in client should be included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom