[no Bug] Media Portal Client Config does not work - windows 7 (1 Viewer)

David Beaney

Portal Member
January 4, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Any chance of a quick fix to get me going - such as a blank mediaportal.xml file appropriate to windwos 7 64 bit for me to maually insert into the appropriate place

Thanks David

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can easily create a new MediaPortal.xml by using 1 of your working clients.
    Delete both the .xml & .bak file(s) you have in the folder, start config, click OK to close it. Then you have all the default settings and you can copy it to another machine.

I've attached a clean XML created on 1.6

Attachments

• MediaPortal.xml
      33.4 KB

David Beaney

Portal Member
    January 4, 2014
    Home Country
    Guess what ..... even after I copied the XML file and put it into C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml the config program still crashed. The config crashed at the same point before loading the first screen; the media portal app tried to load the first splash screen and then crashed - giving me a log which is attached.

I did it twice once with the standard version of 1.6 and the other one with sebastii's modded version. Both logs attached.

It seems to crash with a font error - but both arial normal and arial bold work normally with other programs on my pc

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Roger that... So back to the Font issue. Could you pleas check all your Arial fonts?
    Go to Control Panel >> Fonts >> Arial (double click)
    How many fonts do you have listed there? Are these all present?
    Arial Black
    Arial Bold
    Arial Bold Italic
    Arial Italic
    Arial Narrow
    Arial Narrow Bold
    Arial Narrow Bold Italic
    Arial Narrow Italic
    Arial Regular

If not, could you give this a try?
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16083

David Beaney

Portal Member
    January 4, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks Jeroen.

I applied the microsoft european languages patch per your link ..... that may have been needed because you gave me a dutch xml to get me going

Anyway all now working again ..... although it was initially a bit of shock seeing the first screen in Dutch (now sorted out by changing the language back to english again in config.

Looking at the forum, my issue of the XML not being created in windows 7 does not seem to be unique, with several people posting along the lines that 'Mediaportal does not work' and presumably even more trying the download and giving up immediately

Thanks also to sebastii and wizard 123.

David

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi David,

Yeah, there might be a couple of settings from my system in there, but you can change them as soon as you can open Config.
    So all working again now??? :D

That makes me happy! So now it's time to figure out why this happened in the first place...
    The XML not being created is a side-effect of the font issue you had.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good ;)

Somehow i think this was an isolated issue on your system (or else we would have ahd a lot more similar reports), but will keep my eyes out.
    Will set thread to 'No Bug' for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom