Media Portal for use in Australia? (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you're using MP 1.12 then the HID handler is actually the recommended handler for MCE-compatible remotes. Having said that, iMon may be a special case. An expert would need to confirm that.

From MP 1.11 HID is the recommended handler for most hardware. However for iMON you need to use our Media handler.
    MP 1.12 will bring gamepad support and extra configuration options.

I don't understand - are you saying that because I can use the iMon IR without the imon drivers that this could be the issue with win 10?
    I'm not convinced you can use your iMon remote without the drivers. That could explain why only arrows are working.
    I have no idea if iMon drivers will work on Windows 10.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you're using MP 1.12 then the HID handler is actually the recommended handler for MCE-compatible remotes..
    Correct. MCE users will also need to tick the first option in the "HID" tab (use generic HID device) to get the MCE media keys to function. Do NOT activate anything in the "Microsoft MCE" tab!

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is just a guess right now, but you're using Windows 10, right?
    There is no WMC support in Win 10, that could be the explanation for it. Maybe somebody else has already a solution for that, I don't since I'm still on Win 7.

Edit:
    Did you check the MS remote/keyboard in the remote section of the configuration program? I had to do that to get the whole set of commands working.

Select Remote in the Navigation Panel in Configuration to display the settings for the Windows MCE (Media Center Edition) Remote

There are several variations of the MCE Remote, all are supported in MediaPortal. See MCE Remote for further details

=Remote.png

• Use Microsoft MCE remote or keyboard - select this option to activate/use this remote in MediaPortal
    • Extending Logging - provides additional information in the MediaPortal.log file much like the Debug Logging option for MediaPortal
    • Mapping - use this option to customize how keys are mapped to your remote

Well, I stand corrected.
    So i'm just lucky that my system still works? Never mind, this was a rhetorical question.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So i'm just lucky that my system still works?
    This depends on which version you are using (no system infos showing in your profile). Skywizard is on 1.12 and for this version (and 1.11) your screenshots are not applicable.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This depends on which version you are using (no system infos showing in your profile)

This is due to my multi devices setup with several different versions of MP running. The ones i'm talking about is one running on 1.12 and one is on 1.11. But since I was wrong on everything else, I might be wrong on that one too.
    Anyway, let's just keep it there.

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Having said that, iMon may be a special case.
    That is the conclusion I am coming to. It is inbuilt on the Antec Fusion case so would be ideal to use. With iMon you select the MCE remote and can select Media Portal and configure buttons etc. Maybe there is too many interfaces. I have not tried not using the MP HID but am guessing that if none is selected then the remote will not work - I will test in any case.

Perhaps I need to dump the iMon stuff and get a a USB IR Rxer and use that.
    In the meantime could you please post your log files
    I will have a look at that - only new to MP and have seen the MP Watchdog but not used it.[DOUBLEPOST=1436836583][/DOUBLEPOST]
    (no system infos showing in your profile)
    I have now - Details/info updated.[DOUBLEPOST=1436837071][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm not convinced you can use your iMon remote without the drivers.
    The iMon is the hardware on the case and is not a remote device as such- I am using the windows MCE remote. This configuration worked for windows MCE and is why I am presuming it will work on MP.

Still have to try
    However for iMON you need to use our Media handler.
    will look at that later today.
    I have no idea if iMon drivers will work on Windows 10.
    They seem to insofar as the signal is recognised and some buttons do work - I may have to define some although the programming of the buttons in MP, does seem to be rather complicated.

Oh, and the other thing, the MS MCE keyboard seems to be almost fully functional with some of the buttons not working but all the keytops work OK.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom