Media Portal freezes on wake (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks azzuro, but this looks as if it is targeting COM connections while the IR receiver is a USB device. Microsoft has a tool DevCon, which might be able to address the problem, but I have not had time to explore it any further yet.

But we should move the Windows hardware discussion away from here to keep MePo Resume/Freeze thread clean. I'll open a new thread to discuss and report on the USB IR-receiver troubles.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks azzuro, but this looks as if it is targeting COM connections while the IR receiver is a USB device
    like Arduino, and arduino is usb connection ;), but detected as Com port, you can use usbdeview with command line parametter for disconnect/reconnect your device for each resume (y)

PS : yes move on new thread.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    To me it looks as if Seb's 12.100.8 is resolving the freeze and focus issues of MediaPortal (y).
    • MePo database open/close issues all appear resolved.
      • DatabaseManager errors logged for FanartHandler were eliminated by ajs' new dll, which he provided in the FH thread.
      • Trakt and TVSeries database management acts correctly on remote share
      • I have not yet reactivated InfoServices, but likely this plugin will require some brush up by its author to close and reopen its database when entering standby and resuming
    • Remaining problems are unrelated to MediaPortal
      • USB IR-Receiver sometimes not working anymore after resume (seems to be a common problem under Windows; also reported elsewhere from MePo users)
      • Automatic logging in the domain user on HTPC1 can fail, resulting in connection to a private instead of a domain network on the client (absolutely mysterious since credentials are pulled from registry. Anyway, I observed this only once)
    @Sebastiii , great work! Will you push this to master so that future releases can be tested by a broader audience and eventually get into an official release?

Regards,
    HTPCSourcer

Hi,
    I think it could be part of internal testing like it's a bugfix and maybe available for final.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello my wyfe reported me. Than this morning. MP crashed on resume. When i back home. I will look the windows error message.if related to mp core or external plugin.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    upload_2015-11-23_18-48-32.png

So, this error wasn't present after an resume, but during downloading logo, from logomanager.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am happy to confirm once again that Seb's 12.100.8 works for me: My problematic Intel hardware is now reliably resuming.

This morning the PC returned with a black screen (whichis normal given that MePo was in idle before entering standby), after some 15s later (time needed to wake the server), MePo returned with a fully operational homescreen.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I happy to confirm once again that Seb's 12.100.8 works for me
    think same way for me !
    but i prefer wait an small week before, say if working or not. because issue appear never the 1st day's

So that's good :) thanks @mm1352000 because it's for him the credits :)
    Both of you ! if we have for one, we have for two ! ( not sure of my translation ... , maybe "so something for one, there are two":p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom