Media Portal freezes when accessing LiveTV (2 Viewers)

hb_

January 10, 2012
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Default Wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 (Fully Patched)
CPU Type: Atom ION330
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: POV-ION 330-1
Video Card: NVIDIA ION
Video Card Driver: 285.62
Sound Card: NVIDIA HD Audio
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Kworld PCI Dual DVB-T
1. TV Card Type: Digital
1. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Default
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Default
h.264 Video Codec: Default
Satelite/CableTV Provider: NA
HTPC Case: Thermaltake Armor A30
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
TV: Samsung 50" 3D LED
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hey Guys,

Just have completed my first MediaPortal installation. Everything so far is working great .. except for LiveTV.

Anytime I enter TV and Turn TV ON Media Portal will freeze. Also when trying to preview channels under TV Server Config. Media Portal will scan and pick up channels perfectly. No error messages are displayed.

The Kworld Media Center will stream TV no problems.

I have attached logs, if someone doesn't mind taking a look I would love to get this working plus stop having my wife telling me to throw it out!

Please forgive if I have missed something incredibly basic.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome hb_ :)

Unfortunately you are experiencing a recently discovered problem problem ("TsWriter deadlock" - link). We suspect this is caused by a bug in the EPG grabber. Turning off CRC checking for the EPG grabber (DVB EPG section in TV Server configuration) may resolve the problem for you. If it doesn't, you could use trial and error to see if grabbing on a particular channel is causing the problem (disable grabbing on all channels then add channels back one by one, testing for several days to confirm that the channel does not cause the problem). The only other alternative is to disable the EPG grabber entirely and get your TV guide data from a different source such as an XMLTV data provider.

mm

hb_

January 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Hey mm1352000 thanks for the tip!

I have disabled EPG for all channels (CRC and IDLE) and still getting the hang. Any ideas?

Scrap that I am an idiot .. Working By Disabling EPG =P

shaunpatrick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Are you in Brisbane? If so you have to turn off EPG grabbing for Briz31. It has bad EPG data and for some reason that is able to crash the TV service. Turning off the CRC doesnt help.

john.gamborg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2012
    Home Country
    I disabled EPG on 31 Digital (Briz31) and the TV module has been a lot more stable the last few days.

The problem I get now is that the EPG doesn't seem to update as regularly, but that could be because I haven't enabled all EPG functions back again after disabling them. Haven't had time to test that.

Another issue is that suddenly subtitles are always on by default when watching live TV. May not be related, but I can't see where I've enabled that or how to disable it permanently.

John

raskern

Portal Member
    September 6, 2011
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey thanks shaunpatrick!

I appear to be having the same problem and only recently activated Bris 31.
    Will disable it and report back if the crashes stop.
    Other info.
    Server/stand alone seems to crash randomly when front end is running but tv server alone will run fine all the time.
    My client-only install freezes on live stream start but runs all other functions fine. I only just realized this as I rarely watch live tv from this unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom