Media portal resumes with wrong screen resolution (1 Viewer)

robcarter

Portal Pro
February 19, 2010
Home Country
England England
Hi
using v1.21.000.0
When mediaportal resumes the screen resolution is set to a low resolution, if I exit mediaportal the desktop has the correct 1920 x 1080 resolution, then restart mediaportal everything is fine until the next standby / resume
Looking in the log (attached) there is this:
[2019-07-30 21:16:54,818] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Ignore spurious WM_GETMINMAXINFO for Windows native resolution
[2019-07-30 21:16:54,819] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_SIZE (SIZE_RESTORED: 1024x768)
I'm not sure if this is the issue, can anyone help?
Regards
Rob Carter

Attachments

• log.zip
    852.4 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    using v1.21.000.0. When mediaportal resumes the screen resolution is set to a low resolution, if I exit mediaportal the desktop has the correct 1920 x 1080 resolution, then restart mediaportal everything is fine until the next standby/resume
    I don't have a specific solution for you, but this area of MP has been problematic for several releases now. This is a very complex area, and I think that it is the case that the developer who knows about this part of MP cannot reproduce the problem on his own system (making it exceedingly difficult to identify the origin of the problem).

A possible solution is to upgrade to MP 1.22, as this may solve your problem (MP 1.22 contains some fixes that address this area).

As a workaround, remember that you can avoid the problem by exiting to the Windows desktop before you sleep or hibernate your system. Your can define a button on your remote to invoke MP's exit dialogue, and the START button on your remote can start MP from the desktop when your next wake the system. (This is how I use my HTPC.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

robcarter

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the reply, I updated the package to the latest release (1.23 pre) but the problem still seems to occur. I'll try your suggestion with the remote.
    Regards
    Rob

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I updated the package to the latest release (1.23 pre) but the problem still seems to occur.
    I notice that there is an MP start-up setting that may affect this, namely this one:

startup_resume.jpg

Whichever value that setting currently has, it might be worthwhile trying the other value, just to see if it makes a difference.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom