Media Protal Installation Instructions..... (1 Viewer)

Can you like help me?

• Total voters

compro

Portal Member
May 7, 2006
Hello Guru 8) , Developer :idea: , Casual Reader :shock: , Bug :twisted: and User :D

I like have a few Questions for like you.

Question A) :D
Compro supplied remote does not work natively in Media Portal. I must use Compro2HIP and HIP to get the remote to fuction correctly.

Instructions are like:
Install Compro software and check that the TV card works before installing Media Portal.

1. Install all of these files in a folder on your hard drive
2. Run InstallCompro2HIP from your hard drive
3. Click Install
4. Install "HipInstallComplete_3013.EXE"
5. Setup HIP to use the ‘Generic’ Interface, and program your desired button presses.

:?: My TV Card like works fine. Do I like install "HipInstallComplete_3013.EXE" and "Compro2HIP_.zip" before installing Media Protal or after installing Media Portal? :?:

Question B) :shock:
I would like to like install your like latest Media Portal (MediaPortal 0.2.0.0 RC4).

:?: Do I install like Mediaportal 0.2 RC4 (MediaPortal_0.2_RC4.zip) and like 0.2 RC1 sources (MediaPortal_0.2_RC1_sources.zip)? :?:

Where are the instructions for this (e.g. What is the sequence and which files to run, etc.) ?

Question C) 8)
When will you be like releasing a new version of Media Portal. Maybe I should like wait for that? :wink:

:roll:

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Question B) Shocked
    I would like to like install your like latest Media Portal (MediaPortal 0.2.0.0 RC4).

Question Do I install like Mediaportal 0.2 RC4 (MediaPortal_0.2_RC4.zip) and like 0.2 RC1 sources (MediaPortal_0.2_RC1_sources.zip)? Question

Just install 0.2 RC4, you dont need anything else. Once thats done just run configuration from the Start Menu shortcut.

Question C) Cool
    When will you be like releasing a new version of Media Portal. Maybe I should like wait for that? Wink

0.2.0.0 Final is due out sometime but no idea when, just stick with 0200 RC4 for the moment.

sonome

Portal Pro
    June 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    compro said:
    :?: My TV Card like works fine. Do I like install "HipInstallComplete_3013.EXE" and "Compro2HIP_.zip" before installing Media Protal or after installing Media Portal? :?:

It doesn't matter. HIP is a completely separate program, so won't mess up any of your MediaPortal settings.

compro

Portal Member
    May 7, 2006
    like thank you man..... :wink:

you dudes 8) really know your stuff....

one more like question...... :?:

i have like two users on my PC (PC is like being instructed to operate by Win XP SP2). how does your Media Portal handle this? (i.e. when booting up? and when like pointing your muti-media hooks to the files on my c:\ drive? :arrow: :arrow: ---- some :oops: media players / applications can not handle multi like users or have like limited support.... :evil: Compro Remote will start the PC but what happens when you get to the logon Win page. How does your like Media Poratal handle that.....)

as you can imagine i have issues with that. i can not use my TV Recording scheduler feature. Reason is it starts the PC but can not get past the Win User Login.

Like do you have any help here guru? :D

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok It was a bit difficult to understand everything you said.
    You sound like the fat guy in lost. :p

But it`s my fault, I dont speak english that wel.

However I can help you with auto logon.

Start-run type "control userpassword2" hit enter.
    Select your username and uncheck
    "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"

Edit: I read it one more time, and ofcourse I understand this.
    If my memory is correct, you have a multiuser question in the instalation wizard, and I think that solves your problem.

edit one more time: Welcome to the forum and a litle.. request/advice. Don`t use to much smileys.

compro

Portal Member
    May 7, 2006
    thanks.

Please help me to understand the following:

1) I have two users on Win XP. When I Boot my PC it comes to the Startup Page and you need to select which user you want to log on as. That is all fine. However, what will happen when I install Media Portal? Will I still get this page? :?:

2) I use a Compro TV Card. This card has a feature called Recording Scheduler. You can schedule a time for Compro to record a TV program. Compro will boot the PC, start the Compro Software and Record the program. However, what will happen when I install Media Portal? Will I be able to do this? :?:

I like like using the faces when typing. Is that ok man? (Am trying to talk like us man.... :D :arrow: :idea:

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    1) I have two users on Win XP. When I Boot my PC it comes to the Startup Page and you need to select which user you want to log on as. That is all fine. However, what will happen when I install Media Portal? Will I still get this page? Question

Yes MP doesnt affect logon at all. You may want to turn on the autologin feature so you dont see this. MP can use multiple user accounts; your given the option to install it for All Users or Just this User.

2) I use a Compro TV Card. This card has a feature called Recording Scheduler. You can schedule a time for Compro to record a TV program. Compro will boot the PC, start the Compro Software and Record the program. However, what will happen when I install Media Portal? Will I be able to do this? Question

As long as you arent using the tv card in MP at that time you should be fine.

compro

Portal Member
    May 7, 2006
    As long as you arent using the tv card in MP at that time you should be fine.

I want to use the Compro TV Card with MP. That is the whole reason why i want to install MP! Why do you say I should not use it? :?:

How do I turn off the autologin feature? Assuming that this is a WIN XP thing :shock:

Zzzz.....Like thanks MAN!

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    You cant use 2 programs at the sametime with only 1 tv card. That program has nothing to do with MP and so if you schedule a recording in that one, MP will not be able to use the TV card.

The card will work fine with MP but not if your using it at the sametime in the compro program.

Autologin - http://8help.osu.edu/2063.html

compro

Portal Member
    May 7, 2006
    Callifo said:
    You cant use 2 programs at the sametime with only 1 tv card. That program has nothing to do with MP and so if you schedule a recording in that one, MP will not be able to use the TV card.

The card will work fine with MP but not if your using it at the sametime in the compro program.

Not sure I follow you here....... :cry:

Compro has its own Scheduler. So I would assume that I can still use that with MP, right? Are you saying that with MP I will have an option to use Compro software or MP software for watching TV and recording TV?

which one are you :arrow: Guru, Developer, Casual Reader, Bug or User

like great man! :D that Autologin works and is what i am looking for. Not sure if I still need MP anymore......What benefit will MP give me........

:wink: :arrow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom