Media Protal Installation Instructions..... (1 Viewer)

Can you like help me?

• Total voters

tein

Portal Member
February 12, 2006
Sweden
2) I use a Compro TV Card. This card has a feature called Recording Scheduler. You can schedule a time for Compro to record a TV program. Compro will boot the PC, start the Compro Software and Record the program. However, what will happen when I install Media Portal? Will I be able to do this?

The feature is probably not in the TV Card but in the Compro Software. Anyway - MediaPortal has that feature too so that's no problem! You will find PowerScheduler in the plugin section in the configuration program. I think you have to use autologin for it to work (but I can be wrong).

This is also the procedure I recommend for autologin:
Start-run type "control userpassword2" hit enter.
Select your username and uncheck
"Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"

compro

Portal Member
May 7, 2006
You will find PowerScheduler in the plugin section in the configuration program. I think you have to use autologin for it to work (but I can be wrong).

OK, so you think I can use MP PowerScheduler in stead of Compro Software. Can someone please confirm this. One of the issues with Compro is that you can not watch and record two different channels at the same time.

Autologin is cool. Solves an issue for me, but introduces other (e.g. security, and user switching). It would be fantastic is this can be a setting in MP so that Autologin is only activated when the TV Recording Scheduler boots the PC. What do you think? Can someone add this to MP? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    compro said:
    Not sure I follow you here....... :cry:

Compro has its own Scheduler. So I would assume that I can still use that with MP, right? Are you saying that with MP I will have an option to use Compro software or MP software for watching TV and recording TV?

What Im trying to say is you cant have both programs open at the sametime, both playing TV. Just forget about the compro application and use MP and your fine. :)

compro

Portal Member
    May 7, 2006
    Just forget about the compro application and use MP and your fine. :)

thank you. will i be able to watch a channel while recording a different channel using MP software?

Autologin is cool. Solves an issue for me, but introduces other (e.g. security, and user switching). It would be fantastic is this can be a setting in MP so that Autologin is only activated when the TV Recording Scheduler boots the PC. What do you think? Can someone add this to MP? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

tein

Portal Member
    February 12, 2006
    Sweden
    MP can handle watching one channel and record lots of channels at the same time. But it will naturally need one tuner per channel you want to see or record at the same time. If your TV-card has dual tuners (not common, only in expensive cards) you will be fine wathing one channel while recording another channel. Otherwise you have to go out and buy a second TV-card.

Note that if your current TV-card is an analog tuner without a hardware MPEG-encoder your processor power will probably not be able to handle both cards at the same time even if the new card is digital or have a hardware MPEG-encoder.

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    I think that you need two tv cards to do this task. If the card is tuned in one station the same card can't be tuned in another station to record...

compro

Portal Member
    May 7, 2006
    Just realised that , my ComproDTV 2.7.0.6 can do auto logon. For power up and automatic logon recording:
    Set in ComproPVR2:
    Scheduled Recording->Create->Enable automatic logon.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:

However it does not support power up to automatically select user and password using the Remote Control. :cry:

Can MP PowerScheduler do this (i.e. without having to use Windows Autologin - http://8help.osu.edu/2063.htm)?

Will I be able to do power up to automatically select user and password using the Remote Control after installing "HipInstallComplete_3013.EXE" and "Compro2HIP_.zip"? :?: :?: :?:

Cojo

Portal Member
    September 1, 2004
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Why don't you just install MP and play with it? That way you will see what MP can do and can't do.

And if MP doesen't suits you, just uninstall it.

compro

Portal Member
    May 7, 2006
    Cojo said:
    Why don't you just install MP and play with it? That way you will see what MP can do and can't do.

And if MP doesen't suits you, just uninstall it.

no point. :oops: why go through all the hassle and haggle if this can be avoided by answering my question. Maan.

I like have to install "HipInstallComplete_3013.EXE" and "Compro2HIP_.zip" and configure it. And then install "MediaPortal_0.2_RC4.zip" and play with it. :D

Like, do you see the issue maan?
    :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom