Media Renamer [v2.0 2009-07-21] (2 Viewers)

Crew

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Is there a command line I can pass to this to get it to automatically scan a folder and rename files?

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
You can rename single files by calling

Code:
mediarenamer.exe r "C:\path\to\the\file.avi"

I don't have any other command line commands implemented. If someone wants to work on this please let me know. Since I am happy with the way it works at the moment I am basically just a user and not doing much development on it.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi ccMatrix - have you ever tried theRenamer? I've been using it for a while now for TVSeries and have yet to find a file it did not rename properly, especially since it can use the TVDB (among other sites) for lookup. The latest version now does movies as well. It can be automated and used from a batch file.

Not that I don't appreciate your work! But if you are not doing much development, this might be an alternative?

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi ccMatrix - have you ever tried theRenamer? I've been using it for a while now for TVSeries and have yet to find a file it did not rename properly, especially since it can use the TVDB (among other sites) for lookup. The latest version now does movies as well. It can be automated and used from a batch file.

Not that I don't appreciate your work! But if you are not doing much development, this might be an alternative?

hey i also use this program for all my TV shows and it works great like you said. but right now i believe for movies you still have to do them manually? or a i missing something there? it would be awesome if i could somehow automate my completed movie folder to move and rename into the folder i have moving pictures set to watch.

thanks!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    adam_purkis - yeah, I have seen quite a few MP users over there in theRenamer forum. Looks like it is getting 'discovered'.

The latest release of theRenamer is 5.4, (Jan 24). Albert, the author, is constantly improving it. Now you can specify the way it names multiple files as well (i.e. -CD1, -CD2) which is great for My Films plugin users.

I don't think you can fully automate or 'fetch' the movies yet, it is a relatively new feature. You can set it up so when you press the fetch button it opens the movies folder for you, or you can just drag and drop multiple folders/movies into the window and do hundreds at a time :). But I love the full automation of the TV Shows too. So I posted in theRenamer forum requesting that for movies too :). Albert is pretty responsive to user requests. But if you add your support, it might help :D

hanfmaster

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2006
    Usa
    Home Country
    Sami Sami
    hi

really like your program :)
    i found out that it will move my movies (Filme) to a separate folder, but not my series. why is this feature missing?

and a other thing is that, it puts a dot after the "tilel."

asr10 user

Portal Member
    April 7, 2010
    Hey guys, is there anyway to make either Mediarenamer or theRenamer to force a folder to be renamed? I have this problem where certain files have a bad file name and do not include 1x01 (but may say Season 1 Title 1, Season 1 Title 2 etc.) so I cant get them to find the proper series. Can I just force either to rename all files to 1x01, 1x02 in order?

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hi,

Great app, really handy but for some reason under my fresh install of Windows 7 x64 it doesn't find any files to rename. I freshly placed a not yet renames episode in the season folder of the corresponding series and direct Media Renamer to that location, but it doesn't find the file I just placed in that folder. Any idea's? I have checked to see if I had .NET 2 installed, but I haven't. However doesn't Windows 7 already have this installed by default? Should I still install .NET 2?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    small thing wrong in the program...

in the tvseries tab, is says ..."scan movies in folder:"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom