Media Renamer [v2.0 2009-07-21] (1 Viewer)

neogeo123

Portal Member
May 11, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Awesome.. Keep up the excellent work, I have been using version 1.x for as long as I can remember, think I stumbled across this originally in the Meedio forum (back in the day before I connverted to MP)

Is there any chance that the option to scrape Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software will be added?

Up until now the parser I wrote was very un-clean since I added features over time and this made the code far less extendable and portable. But I am now in the process of cleaning it up so that I can add other online parsers as well. It would help if there was anyone with C# and thetvdb.com experience who could implement it but I guess I have to do it myself. Can't give you an estimate yet but it is on the todo list. Last night I added multi-language support for the online parser which is one step into that direction. As soon as I split the parser into generic and webpage-specific code I can start on this.

Good to hear, can't wait!! :D

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Check with the guys over at Meedios.com to see if anyone there can help with the C# stuff. thetvdb.com was originally put together by guys at that forum so there should be a few guys that know the API really well.

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    I have uploaded a Beta 2 to the Google Code project. This version includes a parser for TheTVDB.com. You may download the new test version from MediaRenamer 2.0 Beta 2 - Google Code. I've tested this parser with several series and a few thousand episode files and it works well here. Please give it a try and let me know if you find any problems.

neogeo123

Portal Member
    May 11, 2007
    Home Country
    I have uploaded a Beta 2 to the Google Code project. This version includes a parser for TheTVDB.com. You may download the new test version from MediaRenamer 2.0 Beta 2 - Google Code. I've tested this parser with several series and a few thousand episode files and it works well here. Please give it a try and let me know if you find any problems.

Looks and works well with what I have tested so far, just seems rather slow/hangs on a folder scan (about 20 episodes within)...

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006

Looks and works well with what I have tested so far, just seems rather slow/hangs on a folder scan (about 20 episodes within)...

The API of TheTVDB contains much more information than I actually need and has much larger files that I need to download. I will try to include a zip class so I can download the compressed versions. Hopefully this will improve download speeds. But it is good to know that the algorithm works well so far. It's still a beta so I am working on improving the speed of it. I'm also looking into moving the entire parsing into a separate Thread to improve responsiveness of the main application. I'll post a new beta when this is implemented.

neogeo123

Portal Member
    May 11, 2007
    Home Country
    I like the ability to select different languages, but I also think it would be nice to be able to set a default language to automatically select and scrape..

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, first i want to say i like it a lot but i have a problems with filename renaming.
    My movie dir name is Hunger.2008.LiMiTED.DVDRiP.XViD-HLS
    you find the movie name Hunger
    the year 2008
    but even if i choose <moviename> (<year>) as output the new filename is Hunger (2008).xvid-hls
    That doesnt seem normal to me
    What do you think?

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    TheTVDB.com scrapper appears to have been broken in the last beta....
    Could you try the Beta 4 release? If it still doesn't work for you could you give me an example for the series and filename which doesn't work.

Hi, first i want to say i like it a lot but i have a problems with filename renaming.
    My movie dir name is Hunger.2008.LiMiTED.DVDRiP.XViD-HLS
    you find the movie name Hunger
    the year 2008
    but even if i choose <moviename> (<year>) as output the new filename is Hunger (2008).xvid-hls
    That doesnt seem normal to me
    What do you think?
    Thank you for reporting this. I always attached the file-extension to the renamed name which in your case the program thought was "xvid-hls". I fixed this in the latest Beta 4. Could you check if it works as intended for you too and give me some feedback?

I like the ability to select different languages, but I also think it would be nice to be able to set a default language to automatically select and scrape..
    I thought about it but I think it would make it much more difficult for users that have series in different languages. Fortunately it should only ask once for each series.

neogeo123

Portal Member
    May 11, 2007
    Home Country
    TheTVDB.com seems to be working again now :) The series that I noticed that were affected before was Top Gear Season 12 and Damages season 2.. All good in beta4 though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom