Media Renamer [v2.0 2009-07-21] (1 Viewer)

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Yes, on a Windows Box.

Tip: Add a "real" poll to the thread and you wont have 100ish similar posts. ;)

Thanks for your answer :)

It is not possible to add a poll to the existing thread. I would have to create a new thread for that. I don't expect that many answer so it should be fine.

DocSavage

August 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I may be stupid - but I am not exactly sure how to use this and perhaps my in my situation it wont work.
First off - I think the tool dosnt recognize the dvr-ms extention. Is that correct?

Second I am capturing reruns (for example of Scrubs). They appear in my recording directory as

Scrubs - EP00446160xSR037 - My Philosphy.dvr-ms

So does the tool figure out how to correct the expisode and season by looking it up online?

Lastly - I am running XP SP2 and dont see the right click option - I have installed the latest release, but have not rebooted.

Thanks!

-Andy

havix

Portal Member
July 28, 2006
First off, is the source code available for this? Also is the app still using episodeworld for it's tv renaming? If this is the case wouldn't it make more sense to use szori's, and polargeek's tv database, since that is what the TV Series plugin uses?

Livin

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
ccMatrix ,
I have been using TV Show Renamer for a while but it seems now that most shows are not recognized. It pulls up the same list of choices for 99% of what is in the folder - and they are all wrong. Is there any way to see what is going on that is causing the problem?

Greech

September 19, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I've somewhat figured out some things that were not obvious.

1) First off, This program takes the assumption that all of the original downloads of each series have been moved to their respective folder of that particular series. So, I would need to have all the TV shows like
eureka.211.dsr.xvid.notv.avi Already located in a folder called Eureka. Actually, that does not seem to be completely true, since the current aforementioned file is actually located in C:\Eureka\Season 2. (This may be why later I stated the popup that showed, it did not know what a "Season 2" folder was, donno).

This is important since the program would appear to initially rely on that folder name to find the associated series.
If you still have it in the original downloaded folder, then the program cannot initially determine the TV show and your results may vary.

2) I still have not quite figured this out but, I inadvertently selected the wrong original name (A dialog box will pop up if multiple show instances were originally found). For Eureka in my example, I selected Eureka (2007). The program now seems to have that information kept and I cannot for the life of me figure out where. I have searched the registry, the program path, and even found an ini file created here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\ApplicationHistory

and deleted it, but to no avail. Until a future version comes out to correct this, be very careful to select the correct series name when prompted.

NOTE: Two other notes about that. The wrong name is now inherent, but it's even a bit more strange than before, in that the Series name is thought to be
Eureka Seven Even though I selected Eureka (2007) . Further, now that it is coding the wrong Episode name, it still finds all of the correct Current Episode titles (ie the latest file as of this writing was eureka.211.dsr.xvid.notv.avi, and it wants to rename it to Eureka Seven - 2x11 - Maneater.avi.

Some suggestions:

1) Check-mark to ignore sub folders might help.
2) Ability to tell the program what the Episode is if the choices do not match anything that is given, and then it could re-look for that series information (IE: All files are in folder called "Season 2", So I would manually specify "Eureka", have the program go back out and say, ahhh, I see, and go from there. Or, have the program try the actual file name rather than just relying on the folder name.
3) Change (or have it configurable to change) the colors of the text in the program. Currently, it is black text on a white backround (yea, I know it probably is just using the windows default colors) but whatever line gets highlighted, it is a dark blue background with the black text, making it almost impossible to read. See the following example:

darktextal0.jpg

You will be able to see from the picture as well, in this particular case the program cannot determine what TV series this is. I'm not sure where it gets all of these other choices to choose from.

4) Finally, again with the example above, a CANCEL would be nice, since this particular popup will go 13 times with the 13 episodes it found in this one folder.

Anyhow, thanks for the program, it's really a great idea. Let me know if I am incorrect on any/all of this stuff.

Thanks!

Greech

yggdrasil

Portal Member
December 28, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Subtitles

Is it possible to get it to recognize .srt, .sub (and more)?

Now i change the extension to avi, do a lookup with Media Renamer, then change the extension back to .srt / .sub etc.

Not optimal......

ie:

C:\Show.-.s01e15.-.Testing the Media Renamer.avi
C:\Show.-.s01e15.-.Testing the Media Renamer.srt

yggdrasil

janbo

Portal Member
October 28, 2006
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is it possible to get it to recognize .srt, .sub (and more)?

Now i change the extension to avi, do a lookup with Media Renamer, then change the extension back to .srt / .sub etc.

Not optimal......

ie:

C:\Show.-.s01e15.-.Testing the Media Renamer.avi
C:\Show.-.s01e15.-.Testing the Media Renamer.srt

yggdrasil

Strange, for me it works fine to run the renamer on srt files directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom