Media Renamer [v2.0 2009-07-21] (1 Viewer)

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
I've uploaded the new beta version now. The parser for the movie renamer has received a lot of work. You will also receive a dialog where you can choose the correct moviename from a list of possible matches. It can find movies by their alternative title but it will currently only display the official title in the dialog.

If you have a file where the application shouldn't search for a new name just mark the file read only and it will be skipped in the scanning process.

mp4 was added to the extensions list but I didn't get to create a options dialog where you can select the extensions manually.

timofcourse

Portal Pro
March 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Love this program! Been looking around forever for something like this. Im using it mainly for its TV Series renaming functionality and while it took care of the majority of my series, there were a couple filename formats it didnt recognize.

Example 1:
Code:
<SeriesName>\Season <Season#>\<SeriesName> - S<Season#> E <Series#> - <Series Title>.<ext>

Example 2:
Code:
<SeriesName>\Season <Season#>\adS<Season#><Series#>.<ext>

Itd be cool if you could define masks of what the existing filename is using, but you cant any idea how Id be able to get it to recognize these?

Thanks a ton and keep up the great work!!

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Love this program! Been looking around forever for something like this. Im using it mainly for its TV Series renaming functionality and while it took care of the majority of my series, there were a couple filename formats it didnt recognize.

Example 1:
Code:
<SeriesName>\Season <Season#>\<SeriesName> - S<Season#> E <Series#> - <Series Title>.<ext>

Example 2:
Code:
<SeriesName>\Season <Season#>\adS<Season#><Series#>.<ext>

Itd be cool if you could define masks of what the existing filename is using, but you cant any idea how Id be able to get it to recognize these?

Thanks a ton and keep up the great work!!
At the moment the recognition formats are hardcoded:
<season>x<episode>-<episode>
s<season>e<episode>
s<season> e<episode>
<season>x<episode>
<season><episode>

while the last one takes the last two numbers as the episode number and first one or more as the season number. so 1234 would be season 12 episode 34.

how are the files with those schemas listed in the tv show renamer ?

timofcourse

Portal Pro
March 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the reply... thats definitely good to know about the formats included. I managed to rename all of the files to another accepted format and get them working, but I dont recall how they ended up coming out before that.

Do you think it would be difficult to work in being able to define our own mask of what the existing files are?

Also, any thoughts about being able to automate this? Or even being able to access it from the MP interface?

Regardless, thanks again for all the work youve done so far... I cant express how frustrated Ive been thinking nobody had created a program like this yet and it makes it SO much more convenient using this than it ever was.

Keep up the great work!

NoGood

June 1, 2007
Thanks for Mediarenamer. Works pretty well and was exactly what i needed. :D

I do have two things to point out. First it would be nice if i would see the version number of the file I am using.
I first installed the beta, ran it, encountered some problems, installed the stable version in the same folder and still had to same problem. Don't know if it replaced the newer version during the installation or not. The version numbers would help.

My problem i encountered was when i was renaming the whole season 3 of lost.
I had many different filenames which where all correctly renamed.
However when I rescanned it found 23 completely different episodes.
The folder name didn't change between scans. (see my uploaded screenshot)

How does TV Series Renamer find episodes names? On actual file content or by folder name?

And undo button would be awesome by the way.

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Thanks for Mediarenamer. Works pretty well and was exactly what i needed. :D

I do have two things to point out. First it would be nice if i would see the version number of the file I am using.
I first installed the beta, ran it, encountered some problems, installed the stable version in the same folder and still had to same problem. Don't know if it replaced the newer version during the installation or not. The version numbers would help.

My problem i encountered was when i was renaming the whole season 3 of lost.
I had many different filenames which where all correctly renamed.
However when I rescanned it found 23 completely different episodes.
The folder name didn't change between scans. (see my uploaded screenshot)

How does TV Series Renamer find episodes names? On actual file content or by folder name?

And undo button would be awesome by the way.
It will look for the episode names on episodeworld.com first (if it finds the series). If not it will retreive the name from the filename itself (basically the part after the episode number to the end without the extension). From the look of your screenshot you seem to have used a different output format when you renamed the episodes the first time.

I am thinking about an undo feature since I am also looking into creating an automated call function so that external applications can call the renamer with some parameters. Since I am currently deep into my diploma thesis development is a bit slow but I'll do what I can.

NoGood

June 1, 2007
It will look for the episode names on episodeworld.com first (if it finds the series). If not it will retreive the name from the filename itself (basically the part after the episode number to the end without the extension). From the look of your screenshot you seem to have used a different output format when you renamed the episodes the first time.

I am thinking about an undo feature since I am also looking into creating an automated call function so that external applications can call the renamer with some parameters. Since I am currently deep into my diploma thesis development is a bit slow but I'll do what I can.

Ah yes, your right. I did change the <season2>x<episode2> to s<season2>e<episode2>.
And on second glance i see that only the 4 last episodes where renamed correctly, while this first 18 where renamed un-lost related. I will test with a couple of more seasons.

Another thing that would be nice is if it would report which tvseries/season/episode it found from episodeworld.com so you can double check

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom