MediaPortal 1.0.1, Skystar 2 PCI Problem (1 Viewer)

portnoi

February 22, 2009
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
TV-Server Version: Same with MP
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Atom 330 1.60 ghz
HDD: 250 GB Sata II Seagate
Memory: 2 GB DDR2 OCZ
Motherboard: Intel D945GCLF2
Video Card: Integrated 945G Chipset Family
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.4926
Sound Card: Integrated Realtek
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5657
1. TV Card: Technisat Skystar 2 PCI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.5.0
MPEG2 Video Codec: Comes with CCCP
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Comes with CCCP
h.264 Video Codec: Core AVC
HTPC Case: Cooler Master CM 250
Remote: Skystar 2 USB Remote
TV: Samsung 32" HD-Ready LCD TV
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA Cable

Hey guys.

I try MediaPortal since 1.0 version. I could configure the videos, music and some plugins successfully with 1.0, but i never couldn't set the Digital TV stuff. I even couldn't get the tv server confiuration, 'cause i couldn't set the sql things.

Anyhoo, since the 1.0.1 version comes, i decided to give a shot, i downloaded the 1.0.1 and installed almost successfully, i've chosen the single seat installation, the setup itself downloaded and installed the ms sql and direct x files, so when i wrote the MediaPortal password, i simply get in to the server config. Great!

But...

When i get it, i cannot add any channels because it simply doesn't see my tv card. I have the 4.5.0 driver downloaded from technisat's website, i cannot install the drivers coming with the package because it doesn't support SP3.

When i search through web and MP forums, people say 4.5.0 WDM drivers work like a charm etc, but i can't see my card there.

Am I missing something? Should i add my card before i get in the config, or should i do something elsewhere?

Thanks already, this is kinda annoying, i envy to the people using all this stuff :)

raverman

May 1, 2009
Home Country
Bulgaria Bulgaria
Hi,
I am sorry to come in your thread with no answer, but maybe I can contribute with observations. I am also having trouble getting SS2 to work with MP and also using drivers 4.5.0. Here I see the card listed under "TV servers"-> <my user name> as "B2C2 MPEG-2 Source". Depending on the driver - WDM or BDA it is listed different. I have made several attempts to install it with different versions of the Technisat drivrers. One of the times I even got it to scan the channels (still couldn't watch them though). Lately, all I get is "No signal" when scanning. The other DVB programs that I use - AltDVB and DVB Dream started working bad - video is choppy, take a long time to lock on a channel - 20 seconds, compared to 1 second before I started tinkering... All I'm saying is - if you have gone through several driver installation cycles, it seems to worsen things, at least for me.

Do you have other DVB viewer programs installed on the HTPC, that do work? If so, then the drivers are not the reason.

portnoi

February 22, 2009
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Hey,

i use my ss2 with progdvb and it works like a charm. But I couldn't see a thing under tv servers, even a thing like it says in yours.

I think too, drivers aren't the reasons, still mediaportal does not see my skystar 2. Annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom