Mediaportal 1.02 and For The Record 1.4RC (1 Viewer)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Good point, I missed the fact that it came from the client logs. I'll have a closer look at the code tomorrow to see if client threading could be involved, but I think we only have a keep-alive thread client side and that won't stop playback (on the contrary).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I wonder what that thread called "[7]" is :) Full logs might be more helpfull but it is just too easy to post a small snipet and let others to use the crystal ball.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No no no... If more detailed logs is what you require, not a problem... I will get on to that straight away, I've been pushing iat this issue for a while and am more than happy to provide what ever is required.. Thanks for your attention.

Will have logs with in the hour...

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I had a look at the code and found that the keep-alive thread can actually issue a g_Player.Stop() in the rare case that the live stream has "disappeared" on the server. In that case the client will automatically stop playback.

So I will fix this to make sure the g_Player.Stop() is called on the main thread. But could this explain your issue, since normally this is not supposed to happen since the client is keeping that stream alive... Do you sometimes perhaps stop a live stream started by the MediaPortal client from the Management Console?

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here are some detailed logs... What I have noticed is some time it just looses the stream, other times it just exits out of MP completely. Like no crash report or any thing, just cold cut quit!

Also of interest, when it does happen I loose my 50fps and am thrown back into 25... Loose my Hardware Acceleration and do not regain it unless I re-launch MP... Odd I know..

I will try your fix straight away.. Thanks

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your patch seems to have worked... I don't get major crashes nor do I get a complete lost HA... I do occasionally get a channel that won't activate, but it does not through the whole system out..

This might be of interest to you, but I also seem to loose my tv when I unplug my router.. I have heard of other people having this...

The other issues I was having I discovered were the tv logo's, they were causing MP to have a GUI violation. God knows why... :) Basically it seems very much that it was not just one problem, but a collection... So far mostly resolved now, hope those logs help...

Thanks for your quick and dedicated work helping me out..

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Your patch seems to have worked... I don't get major crashes nor do I get a complete lost HA... I do occasionally get a channel that won't activate, but it does not through the whole system out..
    My fix at least explains why it's better now, but as I said a few posts higher: you shouldn't be seeing the stream being "dropped" in the first place.

So your real problem(s) is(are) something else...

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is all I get now....

2009-06-02 21:48:25.650969 [TVService]: Exception :Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider SQLServer) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Password=***;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=MpTvDb;Data Source=MediaPortal\SQLEXPRESS;Connection Timeout=300; ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "MpTvDb" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'sa'.
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
    at Gentle.Provider.SQLServer.SQLServerProvider.GetConnection()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Provider.SQLServer.SQL92Analyzer.Analyze(String tableName)
    at Gentle.Provider.SQLServer.SQLServerAnalyzer.Analyze(String tableName)
    at Gentle.Framework.GentleAnalyzer.UpdateObjectMap(ObjectMap map)
    at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.ConstructMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
    at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.GetMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(IGentleProvider provider, StatementType stmtType, Type type, LogicalOperator logicalOperator)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(StatementType stmtType, Type type)
    at TvDatabase.TvBusinessLayer.GetSetting(String tagName, String defaultValue)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardCollection..ctor(IEpgEvents epgEvents)
    at TvService.TVController.InitController()System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "MpTvDb" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'sa'.
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
    at Gentle.Provider.SQLServer.SQLServerProvider.GetConnection()

providers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It look like this patch also helped me,
    I had same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom