[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 BETA 1 - Released (2 Viewers)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Chris, can you clarify the following from your first post under Installation Notes:
    do not reuse any skins, plugins, databases or configuration files from MediaPortal 1.0.x or 1.1.0 ALPHA with this BETA!
    What you mean by "reuse" in the case of skin files? If a skin only provides a zip of the skin/media files, what has to be done for installation in the new BETA 1? Are there any skin changes between Alpha 1.1.0 and the new BETA 1.1.0? I couldn't see anything on the roadmap or the WIKI that indicated there are. But I've been known to miss things occasionally :)!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Chris, can you clarify the following from your first post under Installation Notes:
    do not reuse any skins, plugins, databases or configuration files from MediaPortal 1.0.x or 1.1.0 ALPHA with this BETA!
    What you mean by "reuse" in the case of skin files?
    That you just use the skinfolder you used with an older version of MP. :)
    In case that you use a communityskin, you simply have to wait until the author releases a new version which is compatible to 1.1.0 BETA 1.

Ofc. you can still try to use the older version, which might even work for most of the areas of MP 1.1.0 BETA 1.
    But please do not post bugreports encountered with a not compatible skin or plugin.
    Always use Blue3(wide) when reporting bugs . :)

If a skin only provides a zip of the skin/media files, what has to be done for installation in the new BETA 1? Are there any skin changes between Alpha 1.1.0 and the new BETA 1.1.0? I couldn't see anything on the roadmap or the WIKI that indicated there are. But I've been known to miss things occasionally :)!
    Detailed list of skinchanges between 1.0.2 and 1.1.0 Beta 1 can be found in the first post.
    I just "hope" that our devs documented everything there as well. :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks - very clear!
    Detailed list of skinchanges between 1.0.2 and 1.1.0 Beta 1 can be found in the first post.
    I just "hope" that our devs documented everything there as well.
    Do you mean the link in
    A few more features have been added to the SkinEngine
    ? That has not changed between the Alpha and Beta release afaik! And I subscribe!

What I am trying to figure out, is if a skin works in Alpha will it work in Beta?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks - very clear!
    I just "hope" that our devs documented everything there as well.
    Do you mean the link in
    A few more features have been added to the SkinEngine
    ? That has not changed between the Alpha and Beta release afaik! And I subscribe!

What I am trying to figure out, is if a skin works in Alpha will it work in Beta?
    1.1.0 ALPHA was release on 2009-06-09

::The skinchanges page:: was at least aedited 10 times since that.

So everything after "New dialog and skin file for extended CI menu support" was added since 1.1.0 Alpha release. :)

Will try to make that more clear on the page. :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks, your edits on the WIKI page help a lot!
    ::The skinchanges page:: was at least aedited 10 times since that.
    My confusion, I forgot those changes since the Alpha were released were in SVN not the Alpha! DUH! Some skins were already using the Beta features for SVN users before the Beta was released. And they are great changes btw. Really nice to see some major improvements in the skin engine. Thanks a lot!

d0ne

Portal Member
    December 24, 2008
    Nice Work, but i can't find the checkbox for enabling/disabling the Windows MediaCenter Service in both settings (TV Server and Mediaportal Configuration).

Where is the named option?:confused:

bit phreak

Portal Member
    November 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    you forgot to enable the package to allow it to be installed on server2003. is this possible in some kind of way?
    I know it is not supported. but i would like to do it anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom