[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 BETA 1 - Released (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Nice Work, but i can't find the checkbox for enabling/disabling the Windows MediaCenter Service in both settings (TV Server and Mediaportal Configuration).

Where is the named option?:confused:
    In TvServer Configuration it is inside "additional 3rd party checks".
    As far as i know, the gui setting was not yet added to MP Configuration

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hy folks,

I just installed the new version to my system (multiseat). I've got 2 problems:

1. The power scheduler plugin is missing on my Mediaportal Client system. The file is missing after the new installation.

2. The TV Movie EPG Import Plugin is no more working on my TV-Server system with this error:
    -------------
    2009-08-31 13:22:15.515625 [SetupTv]: Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Wert 0 ist für Value ungültig. Value sollte zwischen 'Minimum' und 'Maximum' liegen.
    Parametername: Value
    bei System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
    bei SetupTv.Sections.TvMovieSetup.LoadDbSettings()
    bei SetupTv.Sections.TvMovieSetup.OnSectionActivated()
    bei SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.ActivateSection(SectionSettings section)
    -------------

Any hints?

Thanks,
    nicx...

Plasmor

Portal Member
    August 19, 2009
    I may have found one (maybe two) Bug(s) in this beta.

1. The little thumbnail in the lower lefthand corner showing the album cover when you play music flickers in all "bulit in" screens (home, my pictures, settings,...) but is fine when using MyTvSeries or shows no cover (black screen) when using Moving Pictures. I guess the bug itself is not linked to those two.

2. On the other hand, playing a video results in a somewhat opposite behaviour. In MyTvSeries the little thumb is not visible (clear frame) but in all other menus it works as it should. That however may indeed be a compatibility issue with MyTvSeries.

As I was using the alpha till yesterday and everything worked as it should I dont't think my system itself is the source for these bugs. Can anyone confirm them?

On a side note,why haven't you included the fix for external player handling (0002097: External player handling - MediaPortal Bugtracker) in this release, I was betting on that one :p Well, to be honest: using an external player in MyTvSeries or MovingPictures now results in a different bug than before; thats at least some kind of a change ;)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    As I was using the alpha till yesterday and everything worked as it should I dont't think my system itself is the source for these bugs. Can anyone confirm them?

Yes, running B3W here I can confirm. On the other hand I can only see the covers on MyHome and on MyHomePlugins. They flicker here, but elsewhere there's just the black frame.

Maybe you (we?) should make a proper bugreport with more info ;)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i saw that flickering also yesterday when trying beta1, unfortunately i didnt had time to check if it was my system problem.

i cant make a proper bugreport now as i am in business trip.

Plasmor

Portal Member
    August 19, 2009

Yes, running B3W here I can confirm. On the other hand I can only see the covers on MyHome and on MyHomePlugins. They flicker here, but elsewhere there's just the black frame.

Maybe you (we?) should make a proper bugreport with more info ;)

I would immediately do that (in fact I've already tried) but I'm not allowed to *looking at postcount*
    If someone (you?) was to do that and needed more info I'd be glad to help, just post a response or PM me.

arneman

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2007
    Oldenburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

First of all I want to thank the dev team for creating this nice program. :D

I installed 1.1 Beta yesterday and it seems like you made some steps back compared to Alpha regarding stability and usability. I had more problems in this one day than with alpha in the last weeks.

I will try to remember the biggest problems:

-One of my Video folders is on another PC in the network. Alpha reconized very quick when this pc is offline, but Beta waits/try to reach it for about 10 sec - so MP freezes for this time. And this freeze happens again each time the video folder list is shown.

-I had several crashes while watching a tv record, not stopping it and choose another record. That leads to a MP freeze. It seems like the gui works in the background (i hear the sounds when using my remote) but screen freezes (even if I wait for a long time) and I could do nothing else than terminating MP.

-TV Program Guide: In Alpha you could make larger steps forward (in the future) in the program guide by using "Forward" button (the one you hit when you want to play a movie at 2x, 4 x ... speed). That also works while TV or record is running in the background. But in Beta it leads to an increasing playbackspeed of the video in the background... And I could not reach the arrows in the upper left corner to switch the days by remote control (with UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT buttons). Bad usability when trying to record a movie in a few days ...

That are the 3 main errors I can remember at this moment. TV Server also crashes one time, but maybe this was an exception.

I know this is not the right place for suggestions but now I'm doing a post and with this version I realized a small change in the IMDB function of my Video (If the first search with filename was failed, the filename is inserted in the field for manual search) Nice function, maybe the guy who change it can implement a very small function: Search after foldernames instead of filenames. I'm engaged in writing MovieInfo scripts but MP is just delivering the filename to the script so I can't search after foldernames. If you don't want to add a little hook (f.e. "using foldernames instead of filenames") in the configuration tool and a setting for this function in mediaportal.xml, maybe this is a possible easy solution: If you start the IMDB search by selecting a video file (right click / IMDB) you use the filename, when you start it by selecting a foldername, you use the foldername. Mp already notice if a folder or a video file is selected (the menu after right click is different), so it should be "easy" to change. And it works for both people, those who like to use filenames for organisation and those who use foldernames without changing anything in configuration tool, translations files and so on. Tataaa ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom