[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Reg

is having my right arrow key on remote set to jump 4 minutes with one press
    You can also assign the Big Step (UP key) as 4 minutes and then the left/right keys as smaller steps.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED

How I have always used it is having my right arrow key on remote set to jump 4 minutes with one press
    You should better set the "up/down" key to +/- 4 minutes in skipstep configuration and leave "<-/->" configuration alone to still be able to use all other skipstep values there.

I will have to explore this direct show filtering and see if I can understand how I might tweak that.
    It has nothing to do with "filtering".
    DirectShow Filters = Video/Audio Codecs / Splitters, etc.

i.e. with Videocodec A you have FFW x2 working, with Videocodec B you only see a still picture.
    So you need to find the codec which works "best".

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Ah! I will have to use forums more often :) I must have been using MP at least two years now and obviously could have been using it in a way that is less frustrating for me :)

Ok so I have gone to MP config and reset the skip steps to default. So exactly how to I define the up and down arrow functions?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Ok so I have gone to MP config and reset the skip steps to default. So exactly how to I define the up and down arrow functions?
    First, you need to use 1.1.0 RC1 - because the config option for up/down was introduced not that long ago.
    Inside the SkipStep configuration window, at the bottom, you can change the behaviour from using a procentual value (i.e. up will go forward 10% of complete playtime) or use a fixed value, entered in seconds in configuration.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

First, you need to use 1.1.0 RC1 - because the config option for up/down was introduced not that long ago.
    Inside the SkipStep configuration window, at the bottom, you can change the behaviour from using a procentual value (i.e. up will go forward 10% of complete playtime) or use a fixed value, entered in seconds in configuration.

OK well I am running 1.1.0 RC1. I have just tried six times to set this to 240 seconds, see attached screen shot, but it is not working. After changing the setting clicking ok and then firing up MP a 60 min program is jumping about six minutes each press up or down. It is acting like it is set on default of 10%.

Attachments

• skip steps config.JPG
      skip steps config.JPG
      191.9 KB

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

OK well I am running 1.1.0 RC1. I have just tried six times to set this to 240 seconds, see attached screen shot, but it is not working. After changing the setting clicking ok and then firing up MP a 60 min program is jumping about six minutes each press up or down. It is acting like it is set on default of 10%.
    I have it set to 420 (7 Minutes) and this works without issues. (Running RC1 release install).
    Please try again and if its not working, create a bugreport in the 1.1.0 RC1 bugreport forum (do not forgett to attach logs which were created while the issue occured!)

Posting the MediaPortal.xml from your userfiles directory might help as well.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country

Reg, I see in your screenshot (tray icons) that you are using ForTheRecord. The custom bigstep values are not yet supported by ForTheRecord. I recall a user patch for that a few days ago on their forum but I did not test it yet.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Reg, I see in your screenshot (tray icons) that you are using ForTheRecord. The custom bigstep values are not yet supported by ForTheRecord. I recall a user patch for that a few days ago on their forum but I did not test it yet.

I had wondered if 4TR might affect it in some way. I installed it for the first time last week (I really Love it). I just read the thread in their forum and yes others have the same problem, so doesn't look like a bug in MP. I cant see any patch for it there tho, I will have to keep looking.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country

I had wondered if 4TR might affect it in some way. I installed it for the first time last week (I really Love it). I just read the thread in their forum and yes others have the same problem, so doesn't look like a bug in MP. I cant see any patch for it there tho, I will have to keep looking.

Found it:
    For The Record - View topic - Mediaportal Key Config

We are a bit off topic here so please revert to the 4tr forums or create separate thread if you need more MP support :)

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Found it:
    For The Record - View topic - Mediaportal Key Config

We are a bit off topic here so please revert to the 4tr forums or create separate thread if you need more MP support :)

All sorted and working fine now. Just have to train myself to use new buttons after a couple of years of the other ones :)

Many thanks to all who have helped me today, much appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom