[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Are than any SVN updates for RC1 yet? I keep trying to find them and I assumed that as they are being automatically built, there should be some somewhere?
    We decided to not publish any svn builds during the RC cycle of the development.

A news about that will be published today. :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED

@infinityloop:

Your new pic is really cool. :cool:

pfff.. it's disgusting :mad:
    Imagine me shouting at the team, to get the update feature working from RC1 -> RCx -> stable, to process all bugreports and have all bugs fixes yesterday!

What would be better to deliver that message than a drill master with a big mouth? :D

Don't add more to it than there is - it's just an avatar. ;)

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but having just spent an hour browsing around forums and I am still confused.

My first question is that I am wondering about the fast forward and rewind functions in MP. I have noticed since 1.1.0 RC1 that when I fast forward a recorded TV program 2x I can see the picture, but when I go to 4x or greater the screen goes black which to me makes no sense as I then have no clue whether I am far enough forward.

My other question: Is there a way to automatically be told when new releases like the upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 come out or do I have to keep checking the main MP page every day?

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    HI Reg,

To keep up to date with all things MP, just add MP's RSS feed to MP's RSS news plugin and then you can read all about MP updates, etc. during, for example, ad breaks.
    FYI. I quite often have to pause the TV, videos, etc. whilst waiting for someone, so I use this chance to catch up on current affairs, MP news, etc.

Works for me :)

Cheers,

Nick Name

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    HI Reg,

To keep up to date with all things MP, just add MP's RSS feed to MP's RSS news plugin and then you can read all about MP updates, etc. during, for example, ad breaks.
    FYI. I quite often have to pause the TV, videos, etc. whilst waiting for someone, so I use this chance to catch up on current affairs, MP news, etc.

Works for me :)

Cheers,

Nick Name

Ah! Thanks for that, I just looked at infoservice which I have installed and I already have the MP RSS added to that, but I had a local news feed selected and not the MP one. I will go do some reading on Infoservice and see if it is meant to give me multiple feeds automatically without having to select one each time.

I must admit however, that I do tend to take more notice of e-mail reminders like the one I just got after you posted than news feeds.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

My first question is that I am wondering about the fast forward and rewind functions in MP. I have noticed since 1.1.0 RC1 that when I fast forward a recorded TV program 2x I can see the picture, but when I go to 4x or greater the screen goes black which to me makes no sense as I then have no clue whether I am far enough forward
    FFW/FRW never worked perfectly in directshow.
    But using different filters for video and audio has a big impact. With some, 2x will even be a slideshow or stillpicture.

Anyway, I recommend using skipsteps instead - which I find much more userfriedly to get to the point I want (i.e. skip commercials).

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

My first question is that I am wondering about the fast forward and rewind functions in MP. I have noticed since 1.1.0 RC1 that when I fast forward a recorded TV program 2x I can see the picture, but when I go to 4x or greater the screen goes black which to me makes no sense as I then have no clue whether I am far enough forward
    FFW/FRW never worked perfectly in directshow.
    But using different filters for video and audio has a big impact. With some, 2x will even be a slideshow or stillpicture.

Anyway, I recommend using skipsteps instead - which I find much more userfriedly to get to the point I want (i.e. skip commercials).

I do use skipsteps. How I have always used it is having my right arrow key on remote set to jump 4 minutes with one press, which works great a good deal of the time, as most add blocks are four minutes, but sometimes depending on time of day program was recorded the the add blocks are quite a bit longer or shorter, hence the need to use ff or rw.

I will have to explore this direct show filtering and see if I can understand how I might tweak that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom