[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealotTC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    thanks so much isn't there a way to upgrade the svn with this, the backup process is just to difficult for me I want to use this but not loose all my settings I spend hours on

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thank U MP Team! There goes my weekend :)

Is there any changes to the databases or can we backup them from latest SVN and use with RC1 without causing any problems?

Have a nice day everybody :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    thanks so much isn't there a way to upgrade the svn with this, the backup process is just to difficult for me I want to use this but not loose all my settings I spend hours on

Well, your settings are stored in C:program Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

When you install RC1, a backup of your existing settings will be created as C:program Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal Backup (followed by the date). You can copy your settings back, and things should work fine, but please don't make bug reports if you do this - there could always be incompatibilities between versions, which is why we don't permit upgrades in this way.

Mark

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED

I have currently 1.1.0 Beta with no SVN installed.
    When I install the new RC1, will the old Beta automatically be uninstalled, or should I first uninstall the Beta myself?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED

I have currently 1.1.0 Beta with no SVN installed.
    When I install the new RC1, will the old Beta automatically be uninstalled, or should I first uninstall the Beta myself?
    Any older installation of MP will be uninstalled. If you remove it manually (do NOT use full products cleanup if you want to reuse your settings!) before you run the installer is up to you. :)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Finally, the moment i've been waiting for. THANK YOU GUYS, you are the true heroes of the nerd in me ;)

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    FANTASTIC news guys and a BIG THANKS :D

REALLY appreciate all that you have done. It has been gracing my front room for 2yrs and it just gets better and better.

Let the testing begin

Cheers

Kev

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom