[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sadly I'm gonna be stuck on the server side with XP unless I replace some of my tuners :(
    Too bad - then you are also stuck with the ancient SMB1 protocoll, which is really slow compared to SMB2 in w7 and vista.
    SMB2 would dramatically speed up the responsivenes of your Server PC when accessing videos/music/pictures with one of your clients over the LAN.

Iwen

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED

Thanks for your hard work and that excellent piece of software
    Besides that:

Too bad - then you are also stuck with the ancient SMB1 protocoll, which is really slow compared to SMB2 in w7 and vista.
    SMB2 would dramatically speed up the responsivenes of your Server PC when accessing videos/music/pictures with one of your clients over the LAN.

Interesting information. Never heard that before. I think my server will be upgraded now if there is such a difference between XP and Win7 :)

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi all, congratulations and thanks for this milestone!

I have a question: I know it's a bit far fetched, but do you think this RC1 will be upgradeable directly to 1.1 final like the 1.0 RCs were upgradeable to 1.0 final (IIRC) ?

I know you recommend not to use this in a production system but the new features list is so great that it hurts to stay with 1.0.2 on my production system. :(

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED

Thanks for your hard work and that excellent piece of software
    Besides that:

Interesting information. Never heard that before. I think my server will be upgraded now if there is such a difference between XP and Win7 :)

You ofc. need W7 on all PC's then. As soon as one WinXP system is in the loop, W7 will fall back to SMB 1 (since WinXP does not understand SMB2).

SMB 2.0 - Copying Files Faster - Review Tom's Hardware : Windows Server 2008 Reviewed

junkiepilot

Portal Member
    May 11, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Great work, thanks for the hard work, It's going on my MC now.

One question:

Am I able to use MPC-HC codec for x264 in TV now? Or is there still an issue with TS reader?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Am I able to use MPC-HC codec for x264 in TV now? Or is there still an issue with TS reader?

Should work nicely with TsReader, but be aware that MPC-HC H.264 decoder has a dead lock bug with some broadcaster streams when skipping / seeking (results as complete player application freeze). It is not MP related issue as it can be reproduced with no MP components in use with GraphEdit.

maro

Portal Member
    June 7, 2008
    Modena
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    :D Grazie from Italy !!! You guys have done an amazing work over an amazing product.

i'll upgrade a.s.a.p. Can't wait !!!!!!! :D :D :D

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - RELEASED

Great release!
    It's working fine and for me it looks like the zapping times improved a lot!

I even installed it with the update option ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom