[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC6 RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    RC5 was planned to be the last Release Candidate for MediaPortal 1.1.0 final.

However, the fix of a major issue related to the detection of a timeshift buffer file being video or radio makes us believe that a big field test is required to ensure that 1.1.0 final will be the most stable release in MediaPortal´s six year history.

If all goes according to plan, then this "slide-in" RC6 release will not delay the final version of 1.1.0, which is planned for release around the 16th of July.

We need the help of our great community to ensure the fix does not cause any unwanted side effects.

RC6 is as close to the final release as it can get.

.::. Release News and Download .::.

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just installed RC6. No problems with the installation (upgrade from RC5), and all is working well so far :)

:D again to all involved!

MLH01.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just installed RC6. No problems with the installation (upgrade from RC5), and all is working well so far :)

MLH01.

:D

Please keep an eye on the mediaplayback if you notice any new issues which might be a regression caused by the fix for #2953,
    #2953 is the reason for the slide-in RC6 release.

easywatcher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can Plug-ins be marked as being 1.1 complianed?

Is there any chance we can see which plug-in has been updated and which one hasn't?

Easywatcher

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

MLH01.

:D

Please keep an eye on the mediaplayback if you notice any new issues which might be a regression caused by the fix for #2953,
    #2953 is the reason for the slide-in RC6 release.

An update relating to playback of .ts files: I have watched a number of .ts files (recorded TV) with no noticeable issues.

In mantis issue #2953, is it the presence of 'Live.ts' or 'Radio.ts' at the end of the filename that was causing issues? The reason I ask is that I don't use those suffixes in recorded filenames - unless I am not understanding #2953? Nor do I have the radio function of the TV card enabled in TVSetup. So maybe it won't affect my system anyway...

All I can say is that MP is stable and working well (which is a good thing! :)).

MLH01.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom