[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC6 RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    An update relating to playback of .ts files: I have watched a number of .ts files (recorded TV) with no noticeable issues.

In mantis issue #2953, is it the presence of 'Live.ts' or 'Radio.ts' at the end of the filename that was causing issues? The reason I ask is that I don't use those suffixes in recorded filenames - unless I am not understanding #2953? Nor do I have the radio function of the TV card enabled in TVSetup. So maybe it won't affect my system anyway...

All I can say is that MP is stable and working well (which is a good thing! :)).

MLH01.

the fix could cause all sorzs of issues even if you do not meet the details which were required to encounter the issue in the first place. good to know that you have no new issue. :)

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    An update relating to playback of .ts files: I have watched a number of .ts files (recorded TV) with no noticeable issues.

In mantis issue #2953, is it the presence of 'Live.ts' or 'Radio.ts' at the end of the filename that was causing issues? The reason I ask is that I don't use those suffixes in recorded filenames - unless I am not understanding #2953? Nor do I have the radio function of the TV card enabled in TVSetup. So maybe it won't affect my system anyway...

All I can say is that MP is stable and working well (which is a good thing! :)).

MLH01.

the fix could cause all sorzs of issues even if you do not meet the details which were required to encounter the issue in the first place. good to know that you have no new issue. :)

Fair enough, thanks. I tried reproducing #2926 and it did take a while to change channels after pausing for a few minutes. I never knew about it before, because I don't change channels after pausing/resuming live TV. So it's not really a problem for me :)

MLH01.

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But this really needs to be fixed: 0002926: No instant switch to prev/next chanel after resuming a paused live TV - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    It IS a showstopper! A big one!

I think it is even big as bug #2953

it is annoying - but not a showstopper because changeing channels does work, it only takes a bit
    It is really annoying and confusing. For me it is not a showstopper, but for the rest of the family it is, because they don't know what to do and how switch to the right channel.
    I already made a topic a few days ago: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-chanel-after-resuming-paused-live-tv-83922/
    I wanted to add a poll if it really should be fixed, but it's not possible to add a poll afterwards. Maybe one of the mods can do that?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    But this really needs to be fixed: 0002926: No instant switch to prev/next chanel after resuming a paused live TV - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    It IS a showstopper! A big one!

I think it is even big as bug #2953

it is annoying - but not a showstopper because changeing channels does work, it only takes a bit
    It is really annoying and confusing. For me it is not a showstopper, but for the rest of the family it is, because they don't know what to do and how switch to the right channel.
    I already made a topic a few days ago: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-chanel-after-resuming-paused-live-tv-83922/
    I wanted to add a poll if it really should be fixed, but it's not possible to add a poll afterwards. Maybe one of the mods can do that?

Such polls are quite useless, of course the 95% or people would want to have that bug fixed (team members included). But the reality is different when releasing software. We need to take into account the possible regression that such fix would possible cause (in that the regression risk is really high also testing for the possible regression is really hard). So, in this late software development cycle we cannot take such big risks unless the issue would be a hard crash or something as severe that affects quite big portion of the user base.

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Such polls are quite useless, of course the 95% or people would want to have that bug fixed (team members included). But the reality is different when releasing software. We need to take into account the possible regression that such fix would possible cause (in that the regression risk is really high also testing for the possible regression is really hard). So, in this late software development cycle we cannot take such big risks unless the issue would be a hard crash or something as severe that affects quite big portion of the user base.
    But isn't the fix not to just put the timeshift to the end? In my eyes (have some programming skills) that wouldn't affect anything?

Stupid example:
    Code:
    function(change_channel)
    {
    if(!end_of_timeshift)
    {
    timeshift = end;
    }
    blablabla
    }

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Code:
    function(change_channel)
    {
    if(!end_of_timeshift)
    {
    timeshift = end;
    }
    blablabla
    }

Pseudo code is something that can be used to make complex things to look much simpler than they are. If I remember correctly (I usually don't spend time on the C# code at all) Tv plugin has already such code. The problem is most likely somewhere in the TS buffer handling in TsReader.ax.

easywatcher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Can Plug-ins be marked as being 1.1 complianed?

Is there any chance we can see which plug-in has been updated and which one hasn't?

I have no idea what you mean :confused:
    Oh, sorry for being unclear. The release artile says that all plug-ins have to be updated in order to work properly on MP1.1. But there is a big list of plug-ins and the description doesn't always say what version the plug-in is comaptible with. So how can users identify which plug-in is compatible with MP1.1 and which isn't? I mean before one is installing it and running into problems.

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After the update from RC5 to RC6 I get an error when I start either Mediaportal or the config of Mediaportal.

The error says:
    TV plugin and Mediaportal dont have the same version.
    Please update the other component to the same version as the newer one.
    Mediaportal version 1.0.10.0 TV plugin 1.0.9.0

Luckily i could restore it with system restore.

I will try to reproduce it tomorrow and post a log. (watching World Cup right now)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Can Plug-ins be marked as being 1.1 complianed?

The release artile says that all plug-ins have to be updated in order to work properly on MP1.1. But there is a big list of plug-ins and the description doesn't always say what version the plug-in is comaptible with. So how can users identify which plug-in is compatible with MP1.1 and which isn't? I mean before one is installing it and running into problems.
    So this you have to ask in the respective threads of the plugin devs. The MP devs do not have any influence on the development of plugins ;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: Can Plug-ins be marked as being 1.1 complianed?

Is there any chance we can see which plug-in has been updated and which one hasn't?

I have no idea what you mean :confused:
    Oh, sorry for being unclear. The release artile says that all plug-ins have to be updated in order to work properly on MP1.1. But there is a big list of plug-ins and the description doesn't always say what version the plug-in is comaptible with. So how can users identify which plug-in is compatible with MP1.1 and which isn't? I mean before one is installing it and running into problems.
    Users just have to make sure that the installed extensions (plugins and skins - i.e. maya/StreamedMP/MovingPictures/TvSeries) are designed for the installed version of MediaPortal. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom