MediaPortal 1.1.1 - DXVA not support ati HD3200 (1 Viewer)

o_nix

Portal Member
June 1, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Established about 2 years ago MediaPortal 1 rc3
used it all the time. But sometimes hangs tvserver.
Everything worked with DXVA, the system WinXP_sp3, amd 780g HD3200 Athlon X2 1gb memory.
DXVA worked and playback of any file in the mode TV (sat tv, sd mpeg2 and h264 1080i)
The codec used Cuberlink, Halli media spliter and AC3

Decided to upgrade to MediaPortal 1.1.1
put everything on a clean system WinXP_sp3 with all current updates
are all set.

But unfortunately I have not tried to run DXVA I could not.
Tried SAF, Cuberlink, tried a bunch of instructions, hacks and tweaks including from this forum.
Tried different drivers
Nothing helped. (I spent on it for 2-3 days - the issue was studied thoroughly)

Losing hope to run DXVA on fresh operating system, I decided to install a new MediaPortal 1.1.1 on a proven system - where DXVA I have works fine. I have a selection of the tib Acronis True Image images so that I could always revert to any of the levels of the installation including the return to the old version of mp1 rc3. (2-3 days without this experiment would have been impossible)

I installed mp1.1.1 on the proven system and on it after a long agony DXVA did not work!
Neither the driver nor the codecs - absolutely nothing in the OS has not changed. Changed files only MediaPortal and TVServer
After that, I realized that mp1.1.1 dxva does not work in principle.

I installed mp1 rc3 and tvserver 1.1.1

And once earned DXVA on sat tv h264 1080i.

I went back to a clean OS and put mp103 rc3 and tvserver 1.1.1
And DXVA working without any tweaks and other adjustments.
by graphstudio I tracked what codecs are used - always used Cuberlink ac3. But with mp1.1.1 dxva not work well with mp1rc3 works.
What does this mean? The fact that the mp 1.1.1 changed something related to hardware accelerated video. And now dxva simply do not include at least ATI HD3200 WinXP_sp3.

when working in conjunction with mp1rc3 tvs1.1.1 have a problem
does not show info about the channel from the EPG.

That is a general list of EPG text visible but not in the information window and the window that appears when you switch to the channel before reaching (button 0 console / keyboard) This window is simply not there - not completely.

Permutation pattern Xface nothing has given, to find another compatible version of the plug-in client for tv server I was unable to

Fix please DXVA in MediaPortal 1.1.1 (h264 1080i it does not work exactly), or tell me how to get the output EPG in the menu above for version mp1rc3.

Thank you.

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What version of ati drivers? you may want to go back to 9.6. Perhaps your card doesn't work well with the newer drivers.

good luck!

o_nix

Portal Member
June 1, 2008
Home Country
akajester

I've tried, and 9.6 and 5-6 more different pieces (including the very old and very new) for mp1.1.1 with any driver DXVA is not working
but with ANY driver DXVA works on mp1.rc3

Writing I have outlined above is the output of 3-4 days of study and trials

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
I have a radeon 4350 and SAF 4 with MPC-HC worked great, but I had issues with SAF 5 that uses FFDshow. Perhaps it's easier to upgrade the card? I think I paid $25 for my 4350.

o_nix

Portal Member
June 1, 2008
Home Country
discrete graphics card just will not fit in a HTPC enclosure
height 42 mm

The problem is not the graphics card and the implementation of DXVA in mp1.1.1.
Probably the same exact problems are with older graphics cards
and with video entry-level hd3200 hd4200 hd5450 surely....

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am using the HD3200 IGP with the 780G chipset fine with DXVA with MePo 1.1.1. (see system specs on the left).
    But I am runnign Win7, so can't say about XP.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you tried both the EVR renderer and VMR9? Some codecs can be picky with dxva and different renderers. Make sure you've no video post processing filters added.

Have you got the latest directx runtime libraries installed?

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    post a picture of the graph from graphstudio. I'd like to see what codecs are in use. If you have any more than one video renderer in the path it'll kill dxva!

o_nix

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    installed on the system ONLY cuberlink + ac3 + halli
    nor any other codecs, I did not put in the final version. they are simply unnecessary.

for tests I went through a lot of assemblies codecs drivers and modes wmr7 wmr9 and even EVR

test on two different MediaPortal

attached screen

Attachments

• no_dxva.PNG
      no_dxva.PNG
      165.5 KB
    • yes_dxva.PNG
      yes_dxva.PNG
      46.9 KB

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Can you open the media portal file reader and verify that it's using the haali codec? also check the date. I've been told that haali splitter has problems with dxva.

You should download the latest build of "stand alone filters". uninstall haali, copy the matroskasplitter.ax to your system and manually register it using regsvr32 command line. Then your system will use that as the splitter. verify it's being used in graphstudio.

????????? ? ????????? | standalone_filters-1.4.2667_x86 - MSVC2008 - XvidVideo.RU

try that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom