Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Lubertsy, Moscow region, Russia
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hello.

I had been using MP few years ago, but then I put my HTPC on the shelf for personal reasons.
    Now I've decided to pull it back and upgrade software.
    Hardware for now would be the same.

Windows Vista would be replaced with Windows 10.
    Codecs would be updated through MPC-HC latest release.
    And here comes Media Portal. Last time i was using MP 1.1 (last update was in 2011 or 2012).

I remember customizing XMLs for skins and plugins(MP-TVSeries, Moving Pictures, Keyboard Input Plugin(for GotView remote), StreamedMP, World Weather, OnlineVideos) for my installation was a huge task - 2 days at least.

So the question is: what is the best way to upgrade this old stuff? Is it possible to use 6 year old XMLs on the current build? or should I just re-install everything to MP2?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    So the question is: what is the best way to upgrade this old stuff? Is it possible to use 6 year old XMLs on the current build? or should I just re-install everything to MP2?
    backup all your data and program folder, to an external folder.
    and install latest MP 1.19 and have fun
    i think all your change will be broken for sure.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    If you made a backup of all relevant xml-files, perhaps you can do a diff, and see if those changes ring a bell, and if so, try to put them in the current files

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    MP 1.19 have new skin ;) all old skin not needed :)

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hallo Patrik-See, Windows can handle different resulutions on the Screens, Of course the Setup is in "extended Mode" so the small Touchscreen is the Main screen and the TV is the extended Screen. Typically I use the the HTPC to listen to Music or Radio, therefore i use the "old" Winamp. The winamp can be easily started and...
    Hallo Patrik-See, Windows can handle different resulutions on the Screens, Of course the Setup is in "extended Mode" so the small...
    Hello folks, I just want to show you my HTPC upgrade. During the last weeks I've had some spare time and decided to update to...
    Replies
    Views
    I have been using a centrally configured MediaPortal system for several years and locks on VideoDatabaseV5.db3 and FolderDatabase3.db3 would be released when I select Shutdown just as they would when Exit MediaPortal is selected. All of a sudden, and I have no idea why, the locks on the client databases are not being released when...
    I have been using a centrally configured MediaPortal system for several years and locks on VideoDatabaseV5.db3 and...
    I have been using a centrally configured MediaPortal system for several years and locks on VideoDatabaseV5.db3 and...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks 2 ALL I have enabled .NET 3.5 and it works My mistake i was asuming .NET 4.8 is compatible with 3.5 and newer
    Many thanks 2 ALL I have enabled .NET 3.5 and it works My mistake i was asuming .NET 4.8 is compatible with 3.5 and newer
    Dear All being many years happy MP user, I have started with MP on WinXP, then on Win7 and I have never experienced any issues that...
    Replies
    Views
    Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
    Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.27 Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5050] - GUIHome should not be copied next to the mediaportal executable [MP1-5051] - Music Playback fails with ReplayGain enabled and no ReplayGain Information in song [MP1-5053] - TV framerate is not parsed from tsbuffer Since Pre-Release ...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.27 Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5050] - GUIHome should not be copied next to...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.27 Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5050] - GUIHome should not be copied next to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom