[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 ALPHA RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

valtam

Portal Pro
March 27, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
If any of you didn't know, there is a really cool new view available with MediaPortal 1.2 called coverflow (thx @ ajp8164): YouTube - New MediaPortal CoverFlow view

:eek: very maccy. Took the punt and installed 1.2 on my htpc, so far so good, ghost imaged OS before hand just in case.
Definitely a lot snappier for moving through the various menus. Keep up the good work team :) :D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    We want everyone to keep an eye on the memory useage of MP in 1.2.0 Alpha.
    Reason is that we have spotted a memeory leak in 1.1.1.

This should not occur in 1.2.0 Alpha - but if it does, please create an bugreport in the development forums (See news for the link).

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Can 1.1.1 TV server (production) and a 1.2.0 alpha client (for test) work together?

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just want to take a minute to say thank you to all of the development staff both in MediaPortal and all plugins/skins. The new 1.2 Alpha is AMAZING. My Live TV in HD is now every bit as clear and smooth as my real TV, and my analog stations are not 100% perfect but a LOT better (minimal stuttering due to my software encoder I believe).

I've tried many differect media center software and none fulfills my needs so well and cleanly as MediaPortal. I cant wait for the full release of 1.2.

Rob - Major fan.:D

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Im getting a 'failed to locate assembly bass.net' error when trying to click plugins tab in MP configuration, I'm assuming this is a plugin not supprted by the new version but i've no idea which one bass.net refers to.

valtam

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Im getting a 'failed to locate assembly bass.net' error when trying to click plugins tab in MP configuration, I'm assuming this is a plugin not supprted by the new version but i've no idea which one bass.net refers to.

You should have read the release notes before installing buddy - MediaPortal 1.2.0 Alpha RELEASED! - MediaPortal - The Open Source Media Center.

Installation Notes:

Extensions:

* Before you install 1.2.0 ALPHA - make sure you disable or remove incompatible versions of the extensions (plugins & skins) you use.
    * Incompatible plugins will not work and could stall MediaPortal completely (you need to wait for the author to update the plugins)
    * Incompatible Skins will throw a warning when you start MediaPortal (you need to wait for the author to update the skin)
    :mad:

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Found the bad boy, was the pureaudio plugin.

If any of you didn't know, there is a really cool new view available with MediaPortal 1.2 called coverflow (thx @ ajp8164): YouTube - New MediaPortal CoverFlow view

How do you get the rounded covers? mine all have square corners

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom