[News] MediaPortal 1.2.3 RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm.. this is strange!
    Yep, please try to upgrade with package-mediaportal.exe and report back.
    Thanks!

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MePo 1.2.3 installed cleanly on client (as a 1.2.2 upgrade). On TV server (headless) complains that it wants WMP10 (Win 7 box with WMP11 installed), ignored this and broke out it's request, result, perfect install - again, this as an upgrade and not a full install.

In operation - TV service start up is slower (not much and it's slow on my set up anyway); guide & scheduling recordings is definitely faster; stability - no issues at all.

Volume control - had issue since moving to Win7 anyway, finally deviced to do something about it - see below - simply replace dll & Configuration.exe [make backups] in program dir and control is returned where it should be:) Many thanks to te3hpurp for the work.

muellinger,

I'm guessing that when in MP the mute button mutes/unmutes MP's output, whilst outside MP it mutes/unmutes the master volume.

If that is the case, perhaps this patch can help you https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-master-volume-mute-in-vista-and-above.98463/

gru

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Recently upgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.2.3.
    Works great! :)
    Keep up the good work!

Gav76uk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2012
    Sheffield, England.
    Home Country
    Hi I seem to be having a problem with mediaportal 1.2.3, when I start it up it only gets as far as loading window plugins then freezes, does anyone have any ideas how to sort this?...and I'm not very technical, so pictures and pointy arrows would be useful, thanks.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi I seem to be having a problem with mediaportal 1.2.3, when I start it up it only gets as far as loading window plugins then freezes, does anyone have any ideas how to sort this?...and I'm not very technical, so pictures and pointy arrows would be useful, thanks.

Do you have any 3rd party plugins installed? The first thing I would try is disabling these.

monera

Portal Member
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    First off, thank you very much for all the hard work that went into MediaPortal.

I see that the windows volume “bug” has not been addressed in this release. Why not? I do not get it. You know how many people you could be turning off using MediaPortal? I was one of them. I really liked Mediaportal when I first installed it but having to alt-tab into windows for volume was too much, so not finding a solution I went back to WMC.

Fast forward a few months decided to give it another shot, searched the forms again and this time found a “hack” too fix the volume problem. How many new users would just give up as I did, but not come back quite a few I am willing to bet.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    @monera

I don't understand why you'd have to alt-tab into windows. My remote adjusts the volume, it's just MP-specific volume, not Windows Master volume, but it doesn't really make any difference to me. I guess if I was in the habit of quitting MP and running some other application that made sound, I'd prefer the volume to be at the same level for everything but I don't really do that.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    First off, thank you very much for all the hard work that went into MediaPortal.

I see that the windows volume “bug” has not been addressed in this release. Why not? I do not get it.

Did you report in the forum thread that you were testing this fix and saw no problems? All new code needs to be thoroughly tested before it can be included. Something like this will affect everyone, so if there is a bug in there, it will be a nightmare. That's why it wasn't rushed into 1.2.3.

Users who are viewing this thread