[News] MediaPortal 1.2.3 RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So, when I try to download it today, it won't connect to SourceForge, and when I go to SourceForge directly it still won't download. I tried different mirrors as well as the link from the home page.

Can you please check that any antivirus or adblocker program is not interfering with your connection to sourceforge, especially if trying to download at work, for a lot of of people that is a no go.

Thanks

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I found a little issue and i'm not sure if this is a bug. The mute-button on the MCe-Remote does not unmute, when Sound is muted while MediaPortal was closed.
    Let me explain the steps i did to reproduce this.

1. Exit MediaPortal and then press the mute button on the MCe remote
    2. Start MePo and watch TV or play a movie/DVD (irrelevant). Theres no Audio
    3. Press the mute button again. Sound remains muted.
    4. exit Media Portal again and unmute with remote or via mixer
    5. start MePo. Movie / TV/DVD works again with audio.
    6. Remote mutes and unmutes perfect within MePo.

Since i dont have any other remote than the MCe i dont know if this is an issue for all types of remotes.
    Can anyone reproduce and confirm this?

Carsten

somy

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2010
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I got some strange problem when upgrading from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3: the upgrade succeeded, but after upgrade when I started MP it complains "tvplugin and mediaportal don't have same version". It say TV Plugin version 1.2.3 but MediaPortal 1.2.2. I followed the instructions to upgrade, and before that I killed the TVService process. After the upgrade I tried to reinstall MediaPortal client, but it refuses to install as it detect MP is in latest version 1.2.3.
    Any help is appreciated!!!

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I got some strange problem when upgrading from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3: the upgrade succeeded, but after upgrade when I started MP is complains TV plugin not in the same version as MediaPortal. It say TV Plugin version 1.2.3 but MediaPortal 1.2.2. I followed the instructions to upgrade, and before that I killed the TVService process.
    After the upgrade I tried to reinstall MediaPortal client, but it refuses to install as it detect MP is in latest version 1.2.3.

Hello!
    Seems like there went something wrong and TVServer could not be installed (due to some locked files maybe).

To solve this:
    Go to: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy

There you will find this two files:
    package-mediaportal.exe
    package-tvengine.exe

Click on package-tvengine.exe to install TVServer again. (upgrade)
    Before this make sure to stop tvservice.exe

Thanks!

somy

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2010
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I got some strange problem when upgrading from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3: the upgrade succeeded, but after upgrade when I started MP is complains TV plugin not in the same version as MediaPortal. It say TV Plugin version 1.2.3 but MediaPortal 1.2.2. I followed the instructions to upgrade, and before that I killed the TVService process.
    After the upgrade I tried to reinstall MediaPortal client, but it refuses to install as it detect MP is in latest version 1.2.3.

Hello!
    Seems like there went something wrong and TVServer could not be installed (due to some locked files maybe).

To solve this:
    Go to: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy

There you will find this two files:
    package-mediaportal.exe
    package-tvengine.exe

Click on package-tvengine.exe to install TVServer again. (upgrade)
    Before this make sure to stop tvservice.exe

Thanks!
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I just tried, it does't help. Please notice it complains that MediaPortal is in old version not TVPlugin. I'll try to run package-mediaportal.exe then.

Users who are viewing this thread