[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 Beta Released (6 Viewers)

Lucky-Eagle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, not perfect but OK. There are some cases of "over writhing" occurring on a 1080 display, though. So there are room for some improvements. However, in general I'm very impressed with the 1.3.0 Beta!

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Stuff...!

(Insert your own expletives here)

Just installed 1.3 Beta and the Titan interface. I do functional not pretty and am not impressed with fancy graphics - but I AM!!!

MP just looks so much more, I don't know, professional.

It always was high quality but now it just >looks< like the care that went into everything.

Me, I was happy with the old DefaultWide, but the new interface just blows it away...
    ...and it plays HD channels (installs it's own LAV filters). I haven't tried the test BluRay - don't have a BD player in the HTPC - but this might just encourage me to give it a go.

Rats, just when I thought I wouldn't be impressed - another donation coming, how the heck could I not support this?

('course the problem is now I'll have to try to make my plugins look even a tenth as good. Anyone know a nice cheap graphic designer?)

HawkMan

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    1.3 looks nice, a few issues I've noticed so far though

- There's only movies now, not movies and videos, I usually used movies for database and videos because it allowed me to browse my folders without caring about stuff being added to the library. unfortunately this is also the direction MP2 seems to have gone. just library access. this is the primary reason for me to use MP over other media center solutions.

- Try navigating the database area of the settings-movies with a remote, the navigation makes absolutely no sense in how you move around in there.

- database updates of movies and tv series seems to be very slow, whereas MP1.2 and before seemed to use folder watching and instantly add new tv series and movies to the database as soon as they where added to the folder(s).

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm not sure if I understand you Hawkman - Shares view is still there and you can still use it to browse your videos. You don't have to add anything to DB if you don't want to. You select which folders to 'scan' OR you can not scan anything and only lookup/add movies to db one by one if you prefer. I'm confused when you talk about TV Series - are you referring to the MP-TV Series extension? AFAIK you can't add TV Series to the Videos db.

The navigation in Video Database settings is partly skin dependent, and of course it is all new. There are a LOT of settings in that Videos DB section, so specific feedback/suggestions in the appropriate forum (skin feedback or even Improvement Suggestions) of how you would like it to work would be really helpful. Are you using Titan, DefaultWide or which skin?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There's only movies now, not movies and videos, I usually used movies for database and videos because it allowed me to browse my folders without caring about stuff being added to the library. unfortunately this is also the direction MP2 seems to have gone. just library access. this is the primary reason for me to use MP over other media center solutions.

You can still use moving pictures + my videos. If you want links to both in the homescreen see the Titan - FAQ

Try navigating the database area of the settings-movies with a remote, the navigation makes absolutely no sense in how you move around in there.

Settings section is still beta and is having another overhaul due to limitations in the skinning engine, expect navigation here to be better in MP1.3 Final, However as dadeo said, please post the specific things that you don't like +/- screenshots.

database updates of movies and tv series seems to be very slow, whereas MP1.2 and before seemed to use folder watching and instantly add new tv series and movies to the database as soon as they where added to the folder(s).

Nothing has changed in terms of moving pictures / my tv series plugins

HawkMan

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The folder thing worked itself out.

Not a big fan of the small space left to the list of movies in the titan skin though. except for that the skin is great.

As for the navigation can't really be shown with screenshots, it's just how you can't move the "cursor" back up to the section above without going in weird directions first. basically the db section is divide into 4 sections. and when you're on the button quadrants, to get back up, you have to move sideways, and then you have to move sideways right again to get to quadrant 1,2. whihc makes no sense of course, why going right off screen would take you up. Then you can move back to 1,1 by doing left.

I'm sure it's basically a tab order thing and it'll be sorted out later, but you should be able to move up from 2,1, to 1,1.

tobi_chiara

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installed 1.3. beta, all works smooth - GREAT JOB!
    Titan looks so clean and high professionel, I love it :D

2 issues left with Titan:
    I am using Sleep Control and World Weather plugin, both are working, but the informations given are minimized (see attached pic).
    How to get this on the "full screen"?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• wetter.png
      wetter.png
      147.7 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hi tobi_chiara - that is most likely because those skin files were designed for Default skin I presume? Titan is HD 1920x1080 so all the positions need to be changed - so you probably need to wait for those plugins to be supported in Titan Extended - you can keep an eye on the Titan Extended forum as users are posting Titan skin files there quite often for different plugins. You could also try the new Change skin to HD Uitlitly @m3rcury released recently. It was designed for StreamedMP but it might kinda work on those skin files, at least enough for now while you are waiting.

Last edited:

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm rising this issue here as I don't know whether this is related to 1.3 beta as I've never seen this before. If not would a moderator please move it to the correct thread.

I have a question about the way in which the TV client is working, specifically with respect to the way in which Scheduled Recordings are being handled and displayed. This question arises because I wanted to enter a completely new request to record a program using TVWishlist because the program is not currently available over the next 14 days but is expected to be repeated at some time in the future. This brought out 2 issues.

First, is it correct that the display of Scheduled Recordings will display past items? See attached image (Scheduler1.png) which clearly show dates in the past (this image was taken this morning after the daily WebEPG run had grabbed data from the BBC Radio Times site). I had always assumed that the EPG data would be cleared and only future entries stored in the database.

Second question is shown in the second attached image (Sheduler2.png). This one is the really odd one. The new request entered this morning was for the programme titled "The Bear Family and me". This programme is not in the schedule for the next 14 days and has never been recorded at all - yet as can be seen is shown in the Scheduled recordings screen down to be recorded in the past.

Is this expected behaviour?

Attachments

• Scheduler1.png
      Scheduler1.png
      1 MB
    • Scheduler2.png
      Scheduler2.png
      1 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom