[News] MediaPortal 1.4.0 ready for download! (1 Viewer)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hi, I have big problems with MP 1.4
1. I cannot maximize the window correctly see here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxuuoq6jYFMscGctUkZxdFhvbkE/edit?usp=sharing
2. If I want exit MP, it doesnt exits, it only minimzes to tray. After I press again, it exits. but sometimes it crashes in this state.
I had both bugs also in 1.4 PreRelease, 1.3 works great. I am using W7 x64 and a KNC One DVB-C Card with newest drivers.
Feedback
Bugs
If you think you found a bug then please post a detailed report in our Bug Reports Forum.
Make sure your report includes all the required information. Incomplete reports will be removed to keep the forum clean.

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. press alt+enter for full screen. Mp 1.4 respects aspect ratio, so you can not pull it wider in your case, full screen will work fine.
    2. check mp configuration tool, exit to tray is an option there

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ummm, after having severe Problems this morning with MP and also with my Win8 Installation I decided to simply install a fresh Windows. And right now I am trying to install MP 1.4 but the installer hangs on downloading MySQL - it just doesn't load anything and sits there waiting for date to come.
    Am I doing something wrong or does the link no longer exist or anything else?

mySQL download.PNG

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ummm, after having severe Problems this morning with MP and also with my Win8 Installation I decided to simply install a fresh Windows. And right now I am trying to install MP 1.4 but the installer hangs on downloading MySQL - it just doesn't load anything and sits there waiting for date to come.
    Am I doing something wrong or does the link no longer exist or anything else?

View attachment 131439

I typed the url into firefox, and it does seem to hang on waiting for build.team-mediaportal.com

Edit: gets there in the end!

@high ?

Last edited:

Commerzpunk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Andernach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am happy for the ongoing development.
    I should not complain - since its Open Source and I am not able to develop or test before a final release comes up.

Just 2 remarks.

1. PS++ is no more working and 2 very important things in my setup are broken now -> no correct sleep, no sound after wake up. VERY VERY sad! :(
    2. Startup-Time is longer now, not quicker as I hoped - but thats no problem since I have this since the first days of MP

Have a nice day!

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am happy for the ongoing development.

I should not complain - since its Open Source and I am not able to develop or test before a final release comes up.

Just 2 remarks.

1. PS++ is no more working and 2 very important things in my setup are broken now -> no correct sleep, no sound after wake up. VERY VERY sad! :(

Which version are you using? Look at area 51, and then if it isn't working for you, file a proper bug report.

2. Startup-Time is longer now, not quicker as I hoped - but thats no problem since I have this since the first days of MP

There could be many reasons for this. Possibly a corrupted database somewhere. We really need the logs to work out what is going on. But again as a bug report, so not here please.

Commerzpunk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Andernach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Elliot, thanks for this answer.
    I didnt want to give a bug report because I dont have time and ressources to report and follow instructions to fix.
    So I declared my words as "remarks".

Trust me, I am not happy with this situation. I work as a part time developer and some time of my job is QA for a big commercial product.
    At home i got a TV Server with client and 2 more clients.
    And I got a wife.
    But I dont have time and ressources to test. Of course its a NO-GO to break my working setup. And yes, I did not make a backup before I updated to 1.4 Final (stable). I just did not expect that it completly breaks my PS++ Setup which was horribly hard to find.

I went to the PS++ forum and did a very mad post there last night (i have to say sorry there for beeing mad). Hopefully this issue can be fixed there.
    The startup time... Its fine for me - just wanted to let you know about it.

Thanks again.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Probably doesn't fit well with your 'lack of time', but the best approach to HTPC setup + maintenance is to make an image of your O.S. just after installing the drivers. Then once or twice per year when you upgrade MePo roll back to the image and make a clean install of MePo. After you setup MePo make a 2nd image in case you screw stuff up but don't want to do a clean install. You can also just roll back to a clean installation of MePo prior to upgrades as well. If you maintain a well named media collection then your media library will update without any user intervention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom