[News] MediaPortal 1.4.0 ready for download! (2 Viewers)

Commerzpunk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Andernach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The startup time... Its fine for me - just wanted to let you know about it.
    the fact that we know it helps neither us nor you to fix that problem. And i guess just posting logs takes not so much time for you.

I know that and I will help if I can.
    Its just such a small issue and its easy to get along with it.
    If there is a bug classification A, B and C this one should be G or H. ;);)

The reason I posted it was to give everyone a chance to have this information. Maybe the next days someone reports a good documented bug so you can say "yes, I heard that before. Lets ask commerzpunk, he might be able to post logs now to help us."

Just my cents and the minimum I can do for the product now. The alternative was to keep silent and angry. Now I feel better, great product, even better community. :)

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think the problem with PS++ (breaking) is that it replaces some of the standard PS files when you install it, so when you upgrade MP they get overwritten with the standard files again....you need to reinstall PS++ after the upgrade.

Work is going on to integrate PS++ into MP (to replace the current PS), so hopefully this won't be a problem in MP 1.5.0

Commerzpunk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Andernach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the problem with PS++ (breaking) is that it replaces some of the standard PS files when you install it, so when you upgrade MP they get overwritten with the standard files again....you need to reinstall PS++ after the upgrade.

Work is going on to integrate PS++ into MP (to replace the current PS), so hopefully this won't be a problem in MP 1.5.0

Finally it works.
    I had to reinstall PS++. That was a bit confusing - but it works! Thanks!

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just installed it a few days ago and was positively surprised as everything seems a little faster and snappier (y)
    Great Job!! :)

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hmm, works well, but I get this "Update available" message on the Home screen. However, nothing happens if I click it .... and it won't go away ...

EDIT:
    I found out what the problem was: The Titan Extended Update Patch. Did a manual download and install and the message disappeared.
    But I noticed another problem: I am not able to get Fanart to work. Did not work on 1.3 and does not work on 1.4. And yes - I have enabled it in the Titan Skin Configuration. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

K405

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Finally it works.
    I had to reinstall PS++. That was a bit confusing - but it works! Thanks!

Good for you! You might want to consider making a donation as a token of your appreciation. (y)

Caminante

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, works well, but I get this "Update available" message on the Home screen. However, nothing happens if I click it .... and it won't go away ...

EDIT:
    I found out what the problem was: The Titan Extended Update Patch. Did a manual download and install and the message disappeared.
    But I noticed another problem: I am not able to get Fanart to work. Did not work on 1.3 and does not work on 1.4. And yes - I have enabled it in the Titan Skin Configuration. Any suggestions?

188.138.90.170 htbackdrops.com in file "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" will help you

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/htbackdrops-down-forever.119614/page-5

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

EDIT:

188.138.90.170 htbackdrops.com in file "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" will help you

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/htbackdrops-down-forever.119614/page-5
    It´s already solved with FanartHandler 3.1.0 - so pls update ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom