[News] MediaPortal 1.4.0 ready for download! (1 Viewer)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    • Admin
    Last edited by a moderator:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Country flag
    Please, remove XP from the list of supported OS for 1.4.0. Nothing similar to support unfortunately.
    Honestly I think The will be a month or two till final build and maybe Team can make MP 1.4.0 usable with XP.
    Unfortunately, 1.3.0 is the last MP version for me.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    @Edalex : update your Os ;)
    XP support was re-added at the last minute, because nothing was clear, about support of it (in the Team and Users) !!!
    in fact, we have choosed to drop XP now for MP1.5 developpement, we have no more limitation with DirectX/.NET/ ... the better is in the future ....

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Please, remove XP from the list of supported OS for 1.4.0. Nothing similar to support unfortunately.
    Honestly I think The will be a month or two till final build and maybe Team can make MP 1.4.0 usable with XP.
    Unfortunately, 1.3.0 is the last MP version for me.
    ? if you are talking about your experience with the pre-release: Yes XP was broken in the pre-release. The team put in a lot of effort to get XP on par with 1.3 at the last minute so we have some time to announce & explain the end of XP support. XP can not be maintained for the team. The reasons (my personal experience):
    1. No Dev runs XP as a real machine (some do have VMware, but that is not the same).
    2. Almost no Testers run XP as a real machine
    3. No Community Testers from XP. The built that broke XP support was available in Area51 for a long time - nobody reported XP as being broken.
    4. It holds back the development a lot.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    I want to thank the whole team for this new update and it's steadyness! For the whole team, but i especially want to mention Owlsroost and Tourettes for the major things these two developers have done for video quality and smoothness of Mediaportal 1. This needs another donation. Will do!
    Please follow my example! ;)

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    For the whole team, but i especially want to mention Owlsroost and Tourettes for the major things these two developers have done for video quality and smoothness of Mediaportal 1
    Thank you for the praise, but I think that everyone on the team deserves a big pat-on-the-back in getting 1.3.0/1.4.0 to the current level of performance and stability (especially Scythe42, Sebastii and elliottmc, plus people like davidf who work away in the background on things like MPAR and BD player, and not forgetting Gibman and mm135200 for their tremendous work on TV Server)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.26 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.25 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    azzuro [News] MediaPortal 1.24 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.23 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 6
    O [News] MediaPortal 1.22 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 2
    O [News] MediaPortal 1.21 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 6
    high [News] MediaPortal 1.20 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 10
    A VideoDatabaseV5.db3 lock not released on shutting down PC from MediaPortal Installation, configuration support 0
    F MediaPortal 1.16 server crashing due to user error? General Support 5
    M Add Radio channels and EPG to Mediaportal xmlTV 2
    Symphy Version 0.2.9.0 for MediaPortal 1.25 ASIO music player 0
    doskabouter Installing mediaportal MediaPortal 1 3
    A Mediaportal Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    G Update von MediaPortal Installationsprobleme? 0
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1 - 1.25 Released! News and Announcements 1
    horned_reaper Standby is prevented by MediaPortal client General Support 0
    U [solved] MediaPortal crashing on startup General Support 10
    g0rsq Info box randomly popping up when watching TV or other video MediaPortal 2 Newcomers Forum 1
    high [unanswered] Hallo möchte gerne Mediaportal. nutzen kann mich jemand anrufen? contactform feedback and requests 2
    ajs [Rejected] Mediaportal Codename MediaPortal 1 48
    M 2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? General 2
    N Steam release of MediaPortal MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    torone Dritter versuch mit Mediaportal 2 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    M Fehlerhafter Link auf der aktuellen MediaPortal Seite Page- und Forumsfeedback 0
    H 1.24.0 MP 1.24 high CPU utilization when 'Keep MediaPortal always on top' option enabled Bugreports 4