[News] MediaPortal 1.6.0 Pre-Release ready for download! (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep Fanart need to be updated and cul8er is busy now but it will have a new version soon :)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Multishortcut is showing as not compatible (not sure if anyone else still uses it?)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It would be great if 1.6 final allowed us to migrate DB without clean install :)
    Sorry but this is really unlikely to happen for the reason given in the release news: people may be using MySQL for other purposes. We have no right to automatically upgrade the database (which risks losing data) without asking. Yes, we could possibly add an option in the installer, but making sure that upgrade process is 100% bulletproof is much more work than you might think. When you consider that the option would only be relevant for this release... the risks and effort are not worth it.

You can always take matters into your own hands by following the above process. :)

For 1.6 Final, might it be possible for the installer to ask the user if they wish to migrate their database to MySQL 5.6, and warn them that other databases might be affected? Most users will only use MySQL for MP, and the update process is not the simplest to be honest.[/quote]

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For 1.6 Final, might it be possible for the installer to ask the user if they wish to migrate their database to MySQL 5.6, and warn them that other databases might be affected? Most users will only use MySQL for MP, and the update process is not the simplest to be honest.
    I've really got nothing additional to say except that I won't personally be investing any time to do that. For me the cost/benefit trade-off is not even close.

The people who have advocated for this upgrade are looking at potential performance and reliability benefits. I say potential because as far as I know those benefits have not been tested or quantified. There is an element of "newer is better" thinking. My own opinion is that the upgrade is not going to give much performance improvement (in fact, performance could theoretically drop since InnoDB is transactional => more overheads), and the stability is mainly beneficial for those who for whatever reason have problems with database crashes. I don't know about you but I've never had a database crash and I'm satisfied with performance. In other words I don't see a problem with continuing to use MySQL 5.1.

So, I will be choosing to spend my time working on TVE 3.5 (which incidentally will probably require a clean install anyway).

jpskiller

Portal Member
    May 30, 2005
    UK
    I have an error with this version, when I try to change Vis in configuration and then save it always crashes, dosent matter what Vis I try ie milkdrop, milkdrop2, alchemy, morpheus

B

BassFan

I have an error with this version, when I try to change Vis in configuration and then save it always crashes, dosent matter what Vis I try ie milkdrop, milkdrop2, alchemy, morpheus
    read this!

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...lease-ready-for-download.122865/#post-1041421

all fixed are finish and not added to 1.6 pre-released
    i think then in 1.6 Final.

and please use "Audio Vis Package_1.0.0.0" from the download location.
    do not manually add any visualization (If they do,then at your own risk)

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know about you but I've never had a database crash and I'm satisfied with performance. In other words I don't see a problem with continuing to use MySQL 5.1.
    I had it on both HTPCs here. It mainly happens if you fiddling around with the HTPC and you have to use the reset switch^^ Also it happened in earlier versions of TVE3 which hang up and you had to kill the tvservice via the task manager.
    The hang ups occurred due to the EPG deadlocks^^

So, I will be choosing to spend my time working on TVE 3.5 (which incidentally will probably require a clean install anyway).
    I'm very curious on your next branch on github ;)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Resuming from hibernate is not working with 1.6!

MediaPortal either crashes or shows a message dialog that the timeshift file couldnt played ("Abspielen nicht möglich: liveXX.ts"). I have to restart MediaPortal to get TV playback work again. Also after hibernate I sometimes get the diaog where it says that the TV Server IP adress has to be entered, because the connection to the server was lost (I am using the standalone installation, so tv server is always available!)

Users who are viewing this thread