MediaPortal 1.6 - Unable to watch encrypted channels (1 Viewer)

Darryl

January 20, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Good evening!

I just purchased an HDHomeRun Prime, and updated with latest beta firmware. I am attempting to use MediaPortal Server to stream video to XBMC/Xbian/etc. I have had my cable card activated by my TV company (Brighthouse Networks), and was able to successfully scan encrypted channels both in HDHomeRun Config, and in MediaPortal's TV Config tool.

I am running into a problem though... all the encrypted channels never work for me. It eventually attempts each tuner, and fails after 10 tries. The computer that is hosting the Server is a AMD FM1 with 2GB Memory, on Win7 fully up to date.

At this point, I have turned off all the "bad tuners" according to documentation, and extended timeouts so that everything would scan and be found. But again, no playback on encrypted channels. I did modify a few channels to "Free to Air" and those ones seem to work. But the encrypted ones I mark for free to air, do not. So I am at a loss.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and logs attached!.

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Darryl :)

I'll get straight to the point:
    [2014-01-19 22:59:22,915] [Log ] [5 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:5 type:Atsc channel is encrypted but card has no CAM

Basically, TV Server needs to be told that your tuners are capable of decrypting channels. You do that by ticking the "CAM enabled and present for this card" setting here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings
    In addition, for CableCARD tuners, you need to set the "this card can decode..." setting to 1.

This is described in the wiki here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...2_TV_Servers/7b_Scan_ATSC#Tuner_Configuration

...but easy to miss.

mm
    :)

Darryl

January 20, 2014
    Home Country
    Wow, that made great progress in my troubles. Thank you, I did not see that at all.

Resolving that issue opened up new ones... I deleted all my existing channels and rescanned, figuring it could decode/properly evaluate now. I also moved my logs to another folder so they would be a 'clean slate'.

Primary errors: All cards are busy, No Video/Audio detected

Seeing as MediaPortal is the only thing connected to the card at this time, not sure how it is busy..

Thanks for your help!!!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Taking the last channel you tried ("TLCH") as an example...
    [2014-01-20 19:28:52,922] [Log ] [57 ] [INFO ] - card: WaitForFile - waiting _eventAudio & _eventVideo
    [2014-01-20 19:28:53,286] [Log ] [43 ] [INFO ] - card: WaitForFile - no audio was found after 15.0038582 seconds
    [2014-01-20 19:28:53,294] [Log ] [43 ] [INFO ] - card: WaitForFile - audio and video stream is scrambled

...and yet:
    [2014-01-20 19:28:51,002] [Log ] [57 ] [DEBUG] - DRI CC: tuning...
    [2014-01-20 19:28:51,022] [Log ] [33 ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: device 3 descrambling status update, old status = Possible, new status = Unknown
    [2014-01-20 19:28:51,681] [Log ] [57 ] [DEBUG] - DRI CC: play...
    [2014-01-20 19:28:51,742] [Log ] [33 ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: device 3 descrambling status update, old status = Unknown, new status = Possible

From all of these messages in the TsWriter log:
    [2014-01-20 19:28:53,214] [9816488] [12dc] - Recorder:pid 2bd , No PayLoad, Continuity Counter should be the same ! 4 ( prev 5 )
    [2014-01-20 19:28:53,254] [9816488] [12dc] - Recorder:pid 2bd , No PayLoad, Continuity Counter should be the same ! 2 ( prev 4 )

...I have the impression that TV Server might be having trouble getting the stream from the network.

Do you have a firewall running? If so, please try temporarily disabling it.
    Also, if you have anti-virus/malware/spyware software (like MS Security Essentials), please add exceptions for TV Server and MediaPortal. In particular, their install, timeshift and recording directories.

mm

Darryl

January 20, 2014
    Home Country
    Thank you. Disabled the firewall completely, and added exceptions for the directories AND executables in MS Security Essentials. I then restarted, confirmed the settings, and still find ig providing the same error. :(

Thanks a lot for your help man. It is greatly appreciated!!!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks a lot for your help man. It is greatly appreciated!!!
    No problem. :)

Would it be possible for you to set up a TeamViewer connection? I'm just not 100% certain what is happening, and I think we could reach a resolution faster if we do it that way.

Darryl

January 20, 2014
    Home Country
    Yeah, give me a few to grab it. Its been a few since ive used it.

I just power-cycled my HDHomeRun Prime. And will PM you the TeamViewer connection info.[DOUBLEPOST=1390268107][/DOUBLEPOST]Hmm ok.. seems I cant msg you direct. But ill be here, so this is the info:

[edit: hide sensitive info]

Last edited by a moderator:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got it.
    I'm at work at the moment and have a conference call in 5 minutes. How late is it for you? Might need to take a raincheck for today?
    (Here in New Zealand it is almost 3pm on Tuesday.)

Darryl

January 20, 2014
    Home Country
    Got it, its 9PM EST on Monday. Ill be up for probably another 2 hrs...

Thanks again :)

Last edited:

Darryl

January 20, 2014
    Home Country
    I am available today until 11:30 PM EST (its 4:15 PM EST now). I am going to run to the gym, but when I get back, I have a 6 hr window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom