MediaPortal 1 or 2 - Web Access

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by RandG, December 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RandG

RandG New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Am I correct in thinking that if I want web access to the EPG (over the Internet), then I need the current version of MediaPortal 1, but if I want to record in HD (from UK Freeview), then I have to go for the current version of MediaPortal 2?

Am looking to replace an ancient Windows Media Centre system, but would like to gain HD recording in the process, but we absolutely need remote access to the EPG.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +960 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    MP1 can record DVB-T or DVB-T2. You need to have a DVB-T2 tuner in order to receive the HD channels in the UK.

MP2 uses the same TV Server as MP1 (although packaged differently, so MP2 cannot use MP1's TV Server, and vice versa). Hence MP2 has the same capabilities and requirements as MP1.

I don't know whether MP1 or MP2 provide the ability to schedule recordings remotely via the internet. There might be an add-on that can do this. Perhaps someone else can advise.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

4. spachti

spachti Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +95 / 10
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
  5. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,604 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    MPTVScheduler also works with MP2 and MP2Extended, nearly the same as in MP1.

But the author of MPTVScheduler has retired, so most likely this solution for MP1 and MP2 will get outdated too. Let's hope it will last until the direct web access to the MP2 server is ready to be used. Right now this is a wip and no one knows a time frame when it's done.

6. Parisa Kh

Parisa Kh New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    India India
    Hi
    I’ve downloaded MediaPortal 2 on my hp server running windows 10.
    I’d like to access my media via a web interface in any devices; is it possible to do that?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!