MediaPortal 1 or 2 - Web Access (1 Viewer)

RandG

December 13, 2018
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Am I correct in thinking that if I want web access to the EPG (over the Internet), then I need the current version of MediaPortal 1, but if I want to record in HD (from UK Freeview), then I have to go for the current version of MediaPortal 2?

Am looking to replace an ancient Windows Media Centre system, but would like to gain HD recording in the process, but we absolutely need remote access to the EPG.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    if I want to record in HD (from UK Freeview), then I have to go for the current version of MediaPortal 2?
    MP1 can record DVB-T or DVB-T2. You need to have a DVB-T2 tuner in order to receive the HD channels in the UK.

MP2 uses the same TV Server as MP1 (although packaged differently, so MP2 cannot use MP1's TV Server, and vice versa). Hence MP2 has the same capabilities and requirements as MP1.

I don't know whether MP1 or MP2 provide the ability to schedule recordings remotely via the internet. There might be an add-on that can do this. Perhaps someone else can advise.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    MPTVScheduler also works with MP2 and MP2Extended, nearly the same as in MP1.

But the author of MPTVScheduler has retired, so most likely this solution for MP1 and MP2 will get outdated too. Let's hope it will last until the direct web access to the MP2 server is ready to be used. Right now this is a wip and no one knows a time frame when it's done.

Parisa Kh

June 7, 2019
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi
    I’ve downloaded MediaPortal 2 on my hp server running windows 10.
    I’d like to access my media via a web interface in any devices; is it possible to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom