[News] MediaPortal 2 - 10th Anniversary Edition -UPDATE 1- released (2 Viewers)

E

EWeiss

remove

Last edited by a moderator:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Simple read the Trouble on my work for Visualization Plugin.
    I'll try with a translator. No German... ;)

[edit: The translation is not very good. I have no idea what you're saying... :( ]

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry @EWeiss but saying that few problems of one (!) of the parts (namely the BassPlayer) are meaning that issues in MP2 are not fixed, is not right. I only didn't have time for modifying your patches to be "compatible" to MP2 code and archtitecture guidelines. And to be clear: I really like your development (y). But for the current implemented features (without the viz stuff) all of the named issues are not relevant for daily use.

My focus is currently at the DX11 switch which was discussed before and I spent 2 weeks to achieve the current, quite good working version. I'm sure there will be more weeks to put into missing and not yet implemented things (like ImagePlayer, transitions, video player geometry and shaders).

And there are so many other, IMO more important parts we are working on: MediaLibrary extension, query limit (paging) support for UPnP features, new support for input events in GUI and others parts like nfo scraper...

I only write this to give a relation of importance compared to playback position of an audio session. I will fix the issues, but I need to spread my available time on the different parts.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    it's not totally true that there are no new developers: For example there is: me.
    I'm on board as an developer for about 2 weeks now.
    I'm focusing on MP2 (not to say I work exclusively on MP2). Currently I'm working on the event system, which should make interacting with the UI in XAML much more easier. I try to make MPF even more compatible to WPF, so that many samples for WPF out there should give you a good idea how MPF works.
    After the event system is finished, I will focus on some features/bugs that will really be visible to the users. My goal is it to make MP2 living room ready and family compatible. Also: the support from MS to WMC seams to shrink with every new Windows version. Currently I'm using WMC in the living room as well. If we can catch a good share of the WMC users (and extension developers) for MP2, then I see a good upwards trend. A side goal from me is also to make MP2 configurable in a way, that WMC users feel at home.
    @EWeiss: sorry that I could not help you with your BASS plugin any more, but currently I'm still in the learning curve about how everything works (or not works) and what features MP2 already has or not.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes to that the MS Support for wmc shrink but i see at time no reason to go away from win7( with this can MCML Devs Create WMC Plugins with vs 2008 / 2010) ok this plugins addons are all .net 3.5 based but it works !

if Team Mp want that we Change should the Switch case be so minimal as usual to understand the Logic behind the Scenes
    for me is it time to confused

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    -If I just look at the Sourceforge download statistics - It looks like users are bailing out on MePo these days! (Or is it just me!?)
    I think it's you ;) MP1 had around 5k downloads in the week between Christmas and New Year, and last week was 7k+ downloads:
    upload_2015-1-6_19-58-13.png

Can't recall which new version of MePo 1 actually added some new useful functionality for the majority of users.
    For MP1 there have been 27 new features/reworks done. Some bug fixes were done to make the function work properly again, so that is new stuff ;)
    I think the big question should be: What is missing in MP1 and is it worth spending the time to implement it? Or should the team put those efforts into MP2 directly? ;)

Skins - The default skins provided is NOT working out-of-the-box - titan tiles and navigation are one big mess by default!
    It is working fine out of the box :D, but when you start adding plugins, you need to make sure the skin supports this, so let me explain this part a bit more.
    Titan Default is our default skin. Titan Extended (One/Two) are the themes created to support more plugins. Unfortunately the Titan Extended team decided to stop development for Titan Extended (but it's still available and usuable) and we haven't seen a replacement (Titan TNC) yet. Off course it's up to the skin developers to decide when and if they'll release something new.
    Since the old Titan Extended team created the xml files (to support the plugins) themselves, the plugin devs need to get used to create their own skinfiles for Titan Default now.

Basically MePo offers nothing special out-of-the-box - every user is forced do do post-installation of Movie-addon, video-streaming-Addon, Music streaming-addon, Logo-addon etc. - although they all might work, Mepo seems to be clugged up in installation and configuration settings and procedures.
    Here i'll have to agree with you (but we have an awesome Wiki!). We are indeed more complex in configuration then (for example) KODI, but we are far more flexible in configuration also!
    MediaPortal 2 for example already has the entire configuration inside the user interface (like KODI) and is even more flexible than MP1 (because of the plugin solution from the start).
    Some users simply don't need more then Videos, Music & Pictures (which works fine with the build in plugins for both MP1/MP2) and other like to use TV, and other features that need a plugin. This way everybody can create what they like ;)

why are old problems not resolved
    instead, is converted to DX11
    Assuming you're (still...) talking about ONLY visualisation, here i'll give you the answers for MP1:
    - I can't recall when we've seen source code, and we're an open source project.
    - Linking to binaries that are continuously being removed from the forum (even current bug report threads!) does not help us solve the problems.
    - Continuously blaiming the products doesn't help either. According to your last post both MP1 and MP2 aren't coded well enough to support visualisation the way you like to implement it. Makes me wonder...

Oh and btw @msj33 Can you code?? :D We can always use more/good helping hands! ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom