[News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release (5 Viewers)

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
May 5, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sorry it took that long time.
Have you configured TVMosaic server (not part of our setup) according to the WIKI? If you change the TVEngine it's expected there are no channels in the beginning and the configuration needs to be done again. Better would have been to post the logs here when you had the first issue. We have tested several upgrade scenarios with different TV engines and it worked. the only thing that will not work is a NET4 on a NET6 installation. Here a full uninstall prior to the new installation with NET4 is needed.
Thanks for getting back to me. I thrink what I am going to do is take a full backup of C: (because I currently have a working installation) then do a full uninstall of TVE3/NET4 and try again with TVMosaic/NET6. Wish me luck :)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I did a full uninstall of MP1 and deleted the Team Media Portal folders in Program Files and Program Data, same for MSyQL
    One combination that I have not tested recently is MP2+TVE3, so I don't know what tuning-parameters files it uses. Does it use the same tuning-parameters files as MP1, or does it use the same tuning-parameters files as TVE3.5?

If you had MP2+TVE3 installed prior to installing MP2+TVE3.5, is it possible that you inherited the tuning parameters files from the MP2+TVE3 installation?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I think what I am going to do is take a full backup of C: (because I currently have a working installation)
    I have only one HTPC, but I use multiple bootable partitions in which I install different versions of MP. When a new release of MP becomes available, I copy my "production" partition to a new partition on the disk, and set up my boot manager to make that new partition bootable. Then I install the new MP release in that new partition:
    • If all goes well, I make the new partition my "production" partition.
    • If all goes badly, I revert to my original "production" partition, so that there is no interruption to normal use of the HTPC.
    The boot manager that I use is "BootIt Bare Metal" (BIBM) from Terabyte. This is for MBR systems; there is also a version (BIU) for UEFI systems.

The Terabyte software is not free ( :( ). There may be other boot managers that are free and which can be used for this purpose.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you had MP2+TVE3 installed prior to installing MP2+TVE3.5, is it possible that you inherited the tuning parameters files from the MP2+TVE3 installation?
    Prior to trying the MP2 +TVE3.5 I had the TV Mosaic version installed which does not use TV Config or MP tuning parameters and anyway I deleted all leftover folders.
    I took a look at the tuning parameters that are included for Munich DVBT and comparing them to those working on my MP1 HTPC and it is obvious the frequencies are not current, as far as I could tell only one of the many was the same but that does not work either!
    I think it is down to the devs, at this point to confirm or not if the tuning paremeters for Germany are valid and working for the TVE 3.5 version! @ge2301
    Last time I had MP2 installed (2.4.1 I think) TVE 3 channel scan worked, is it possible and if so would someone update the TVE 3.5 ones from the TVE 3???

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    it is obvious the frequencies are not current, as far as I could tell only one of the many was the same but that does not work either!
    All of the frequencies in my customised MP1 tuning-parameters files were correct, but specified in MHz, whereas TVE 3.5 requires them to be specified in KHz (or possibly vice versa). Also, the xml tags are not quite identical -- there are slight differences.

It would be worth taking the TVE 3.5 tuning-parameters file and updating the frequencies to correspond to the ones that you know work with MP1, just to see if that is the cause of the problem.

But it would seem that some tuning-parameters files are out of date :(. This is a difficult problem to solve, as it depends on users posting updated information on this web site (or, to put that another way, there will always be some tuning-parameters files that contain errors :cry: ).

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But it would seem that some tuning-parameters files are out of date :(. This is a difficult problem to solve, as it depends on users posting updated information on this web site

Actually it was me who updated the tuning parameters for Munich which were eventually :whistle:included in the MP 1 releases and after a lot of cajoling also for MP 2 releases although it seems not for MP 2 TVE 3.5 but given the all regions parameters found nothing at all does suggest to me that it may not be just an update that is required.:unsure:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have updated the tuning parameters for Munich and ran a scan but still nothing found, see the screenshot below.:(

Attached is a copy of my new parameters if anyone would like to proof read it.
    MP2-3.jpg

Attachments

• Germany.New_München.zip
      404 bytes

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looking for Netflix (USA) in OnlineVideos. Is that a possibility?

Thanks, Tom
    There was besides some changes a cleanup of many pages (same between MP1 and MP2) by @doskabouter.
    In this thread you find the full list. As you see the testing result for Netflix is open. Would be great if you can test that.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Attached is a copy of my new parameters if anyone would like to proof read it.
    First, I must apologise for erroneous information in a previous post. It is not the frequency in tuning-parameters files that differs between MP1 and MP2, it is the bandwidth. In MP1 it is MHz (e.g. "8"), but in MP2 TVE3.5 it is KHz (e.g. "8000"). Also, the spelling of "bandwidth" differs between MP1 and TVE 3.5.

I have looked at your tuning parameters file and compared it with my (corrected) customised file for TVE 3.5. I cannot see anything wrong with your file. (Some of the values are a trifle unexpected, but I see that they are the same in the MP1 tuning-parameters file, and so must be correct for your transmitter.)

I think that one of the developers will need to look at this (but he will need a full set of logs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom