[News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release (5 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have found another problem - sorry :(

In TVE3/NET4 the keyboard shortcuts no longer work. 0 for last channel doesn't work, F7/F8 for Previous and Next channel does not work, typing channel numbers does not work. ENTER for mini EPG works.
    Thanks for reporting. The shortcut issue was already found and fixed for next version.

F7/F8 was probably your personal mapping you created in the input manager. By default following keys are mapped to the zap functions:
    <KeyBinding Key="PageUp" Command="{Command ZapNextChannel}"/>
    <KeyBinding Key="PageDown" Command="{Command ZapPrevChannel}"/>
    <KeyBinding Key="ChannelUp" Command="{Command ZapNextChannel}"/>
    <KeyBinding Key="ChannelDown" Command="{Command ZapPrevChannel}"/>
    <KeyBinding Key="ZapBack" Command="{Command ZapBack}"/>
    <KeyBinding Key="*" Command="{Command ZapBack}"/>
    In input manager you can check if your preferred keys are still mapped and in case not you can remap them.
    At least I could verify, that the previous and next channel functions are working.

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    F7/F8 was probably your personal mapping you created in the input manager. By default following keys are mapped to the zap functions:
    I was going by the keyboard shortcut list on the wiki, I hadn't changed any inputs. i can confirm that PageUp/PageDown works fine but that ENTER key no longer brings up the mini EPG. #TotallyWeird

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was going by the keyboard shortcut list on the wiki, I hadn't changed any inputs. i can confirm that PageUp/PageDown works fine but that ENTER key no longer brings up the mini EPG. #TotallyWeird
    I just checked it here and the MiniEPG opens on Enter. You could check how "Ok/Enter" is mapped in the input Device Manager and map the key again in case of problems. In worst case you can one delete the mapping settings in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\{Sub-folder for user}"\InputDevices.Settings.InputDeviceSettings.xml

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    I just checked it here and the MiniEPG opens on Enter. You could check how "Ok/Enter" is mapped in the input Device Manager and map the key again in case of problems. In worst case you can one delete the mapping settings in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\{Sub-folder for user}"\InputDevices.Settings.InputDeviceSettings.xml
    Unfortunately the only option in input devices is "WiFi" input but I am using a keyboard so I do not know what is going on there. I'll look into editing the xml directly over the next few days. Thanks for the response.

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    Just checked and that file does not exist in that folder. :(

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately the only option in input devices is "WiFi" input but I am using a keyboard so I do not know what is going on there. I'll look into editing the xml directly over the next few days. Thanks for the response.
    Please take a look into the corresponding wiki section, the WIFI remote is just a subsection in the settings. The corresponding settings can be found right sided.
    Remark: All screenshots in Wiki are with the default skin, in WMC skin (you are using it) things will look different.

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    Please take a look into the corresponding wiki section, the WIFI remote is just a subsection in the settings. The corresponding settings can be found right sided.
    Remark: All screenshots in Wiki are with the default skin, in WMC skin (you are using it) things will look different.
    Still can't find the xml file

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom