[News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release (3 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mine looks NOTHING like that. All of the options are hidden in a sidebar to the left of the screen and NO I am not doing another uninstall reinstall to get a screengrab.
    There is technically no difference in the GUI between the different TV engines. Please consider that latest played and favourites are depended on the usage, means at least a channel needs to be played for some time to appear. I could imagine that TVM was simply not used after the install, it’s normal the list is empty then.

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is technically no difference in the GUI between the different TV engines. Please consider that latest played and favourites are depended on the usage, means at least a channel needs to be played for some time to appear. I could imagine that TVM was simply not used after the install, it’s normal the list is empty then.
    You just are NOT listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The screen grab I posted is what I see in TVE3/NET4. If I install a different version I do NOT see that interface! It looks completely different as stated in that the options for TV/Videos/Images etc is hidden in a side menu that I have to mouse over to get it to appear!

I am losiing my patience with this.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You just are NOT listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The screen grab I posted is what I see in TVE3/NET4. If I install a different version I do NOT see that interface! It looks completely different as stated in that the options for TV/Videos/Images etc is hidden in a side menu that I have to mouse over to get it to appear!

I am losiing my patience with this.
    I’m with phone on the way and simply missed that. As I wrote the GUI is technically same between all tv engines, all NET versions. I’m not telling your screenshot is wrong, but it should not be like this and there is probably a reason.
    Please stay calm! ;)

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    Apologies. I am a military veteran with a shit load of mental health problems. I lose my temper in a flash! I only report what I see. I do appreciate everyone's input but I can be a complete arse at times.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    If I install a different version I do NOT see that interface! It looks completely different as stated in that the options for TV/Videos/Images etc is hidden in a side menu that I have to mouse over to get it to appear!
    The screen shots that you have shown are of the "Windows Media Center" skin (predominantly blue). When I have installed MP 2.5.0 (whether for Net4 or Net6, or for TVE 3 or TVE 3.5 or TvMosaic), the default skin is the Nereus skin, which (again by default) is predominantly teal in colour. The Nereus skin does indeed have a set of tiles arranged vertically at the left edge of the screen, and this set of tiles slides in and out of view. Could this be what you are seeing?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    Thanks. The epg is grabbed, but it stops with an error I've not seen yet.

The logos can not be downloaded due to time out

The timeshift error is also visible. Possibly it's a result of the previous error, but just my guess.

I'm not so sure what you mean. The TV implementation between TVE and TVM is the same in client, there is no difference in the GUI and the server setup is much cleaner and leaner.
    If you mean the position of the TV logo in the main menu (just a guess), you can move it where you want with the menu editor (right mouse click or menu press on any menu tile).
    So given all of these errors that have not been seen before what can you do because I am fed up of not being able to watch channels that should be available but aren't due to limitations in TVE3

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So given all of these errors that have not been seen before what can you do because I am fed up of not being able to watch channels that should be available but aren't due to limitations in TVE3
    We have currently almost no dev resources, so it will take time to check all logs and see, if we can reproduce this in an 2.5.1 release.
    Until then best is what you stated, to stick with what is working.

I have tried every variation I can. The ONLY thing that works is TVE3/NET4. Every other combination either gives no EPG or an error message about unable to use timeshift.
    I give up, will stick with what is working.

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    I have found another problem - sorry :(

In TVE3/NET4 the keyboard shortcuts no longer work. 0 for last channel doesn't work, F7/F8 for Previous and Next channel does not work, typing channel numbers does not work. ENTER for mini EPG works.

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    We have currently almost no dev resources, so it will take time to check all logs and see, if we can reproduce this in an 2.5.1 release.
    Until then best is what you stated, to stick with what is working.
    Thanks for getting back to me. I understand your position. <- I'm having a good night in the anger management stakes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom