[News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release (6 Viewers)

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
May 5, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You can try with the windows search function to search for InputDeviceSettings. But I do not recommend any manual adjustments. Did you find the device input settings in the MP2 client?
Yes but I'm tired, haven't slept properly for days so I will get back to you.

PS Did a full uninstall and tried MVP/NET6 which actually worked but the EPG interface was sluggish. Have reverted to TV3/NET4.

Will be doing a new build soon. Going from i9-9900KS/DDR4/Win10 to i7-13700k/DDR5Win11.

ill let you know how it goes.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
September 29, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I’ve one question/remark. For the net4 version I’ve just a MP2-client shortcut on desktop, but for net6 installation I have in addition a MP2-client (x64) shortcut.
Is the net4 version not x64?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I’ve one question/remark. For the net4 version I’ve just a MP2-client shortcut on desktop, but for net6 installation I have in addition a MP2-client (x64) shortcut.
    Is the net4 version not x64?
    Both versions are definitely x64. I've also realized, that the .NET6 installer creates two shortcuts on the desktop, while the .NET4 installer only one. It's completely uncritical, I'll put it on the fix list.
    Thanks for reporting.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Both versions are definitely x64. I've also realized, that the .NET6 installer creates two shortcuts on the desktop, while the .NET4 installer only one. It's completely uncritical, I'll put it on the fix list.
    Thanks for reporting.
    Sorry, small correction. I mixed up NET4 and NET6, but the mentioned difference is existing.

The reason for the difference between the installers is that the best directshow filter for OnlineVideos is x86 only, so the net48 version retains the ability to run under x86 to allow it's use, whereas OV isn't available on net6 so MP2 will always run as whatever bitness the OS is, i.e. always x64 on x64 Windows or x86 on x86 Windows.

So considerung the different installer and shortcuts there are 3 ways to start MediaPortal 2.
    • NET6 - automatic switch between x86 and x64 according to CPU and OS - No OV - No TVE3
    • NET4 - x86 - OV with best Directshow filter - TVE3
    • NET4 - x64 - OV without best Directshow filter - TVE3
    I know, that's a bit to complicated, but we have no other option yet :( Hopefully we can bring some streams together again in one of the next versions! :)

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Timhoh1234 it sounds like you have got this the wrong way round, the net6 version only creates 1 shortcut and will automatically run as x64 on x64 Windows (and x86 on x86 Windows).
    Sorry for the confusion. Indeed it’s opposite of my statement. Thanks for explaining the background. At least I’m confident I’m using the x64 version. But it would be really better to avoid too many parallel versions, especially with rare dev resources it will be hard to keep control of all.

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    Please take a look into the corresponding wiki section, the WIFI remote is just a subsection in the settings. The corresponding settings can be found right sided.
    Remark: All screenshots in Wiki are with the default skin, in WMC skin (you are using it) things will look different.
    I cannot find any option in the menu there to allocate a key to "last channel". I can see previous and next but not "Last".

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I cannot find any option in the menu there to allocate a key to "last channel". I can see previous and next but not "Last".
    If you mean with last channel the one selected previously then you have the „zap back“ key. By default it’s mapped to „*“.
    If you mean the last channel in the epg list there is no key for that. You can reach there by pressing several times „Page Down“ or enable loop scrolling in skin settings, so pressing „up“ on the first channel navigates to last channel.

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    If you mean with last channel the one selected previously then you have the „zap back“ key. By default it’s mapped to „*“.
    If you mean the last channel in the epg list there is no key for that. You can reach there by pressing several times „Page Down“ or enable loop scrolling in skin settings, so pressing „up“ on the first channel navigates to last channel.
    Perhaps if you had an entry in your wiki regarding the MP2 default keystrokes I might be able to understand them. There is an entry in the MP1 part regarding default keystrokes but not in MP2. As per * being last channel, it doesn't work. Using 0 worked perfectly in MP2 all the way up to and including 2.4.1. It was ONLY after 2.5 was released that "0" stopped working.

Over to you!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As per * being last channel, it doesn't work. Using 0 worked perfectly in MP2 all the way up to and including 2.4.1. It was ONLY after 2.5 was released that "0" stopped working.
    The ZapBack is indeed missing in the WIKI, I've just updated the WIKI with all the default mappings in the different EPG screens. Just map the desired key in "Function Shortcuts" of the "Input Devices". You can map any desired key to "ZapBack" there. The default mapping is "*".

Edit: The zapping functions are generally broken with MP2.5. I've just seen they were already fixed 2 weeks ago and will be coming with the next version (2.5.1). As this will be a bugfix release the time until release will not last oo long I think. I could also offer a preversion with the fix to you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom