MediaPortal 2 Alpha 1 Winter Release! (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Just gave it a try.. Looks really, really promising. But I need some things sorted out before I can test it on a more regular basis..
    First of all, thanks for the test :)

a) Series Import isn't able to parse my naming scheme. I have seasons in subfolders below series folder (example: \Serien\Fringe\1\s01e01 - Flug 627.mkv). Now I only get "Series" named "1", "2", "3",... Not what I expected. ;) What about an user configurable parsing expressions (an XML file would be enough to me atm) ?
    @morpheus_xx might add a regex for this.
    The xml config file is definitely a good idea.

FYI: If you would have tagged your mkv files, MP2 would also detect them correctly, no matter of file or folder naming scheme. ;)
    http://matroska.org/technical/specs/tagging/example-video.html#episode

b) My TV card is shown up in SetupTV correctly but channel scan only gives "No Signal" (yes, MP1 TVService was not running and MP1 has proper signal with my DVBSky S952...) So I can't test all Tv related things. MAybe it would work if I could import channels somehow from MP1 TV Server but Import/Export isn't available in MP2 SetupTV... (Log attached)
    If you are using the WinterRelease (without NativeTv) you might be able to connect the SlimTv plugin to your MP1 TV-Server using the MPExtendedProvider. Of course you need to have MPExtended installed to get this working.

As I can't use MP2 TVServer atm I would like to test the MySQL plugin. Can I use this with the TV Build or is this something special for "normal" winter build?
    The latest NativeTV-Release is based on MP2 Alpha 1 WinterRelease, so both builds are 100% compatible, which means you can use the MySql plugin for both builds.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    FYI: If you would have tagged your mkv files, MP2 would also detect them correctly, no matter of file or folder naming scheme. ;) http://matroska.org/technical/specs/tagging/example-video.html#episode
    Didn't know that. Great feature... Now I only need a program that add those tags to my 14.000 Series Episodes ;) Best to add all tags to MKV files based on TVSeries DB... BTW another Reason to only use MKV container. I definitely will start to remuxx all remaining .mpg and .avi to .mkv asap...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I think it would be possible to use mkvpropedit (part of MKVToolnix) for this task. All we need now is a program/script that reads TVSeries.db3 and calls mkvpropedit with needed parameters to tag all mkv files listed in db...

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I think it would be possible to use mkvpropedit (part of MKVToolnix) for this task. All we need now is a program/script that reads TVSeries.db3 and calls mkvpropedit with needed parameters to tag all mkv files listed in db...
    Currently writing a small utility. First it will only read the data from the TVSeriesDatabase and create the tag files (*.xml) for every movie file.
    Could be extended to extract existing matroska tags from mkv files and modify only series name, season and episode index and write them back using mkvpropedit.
    Non-mkv files could be remuxed using mkvmerge.exe and the created xml file could be included right from the start.

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I just installed MP2 and had a look at the TV and Video section. Now i am a little bit confused, because the CPU usage is very high while watching Videos or live tv. I tried different codecs (LAV and Microsoft) but the MP2 Client produces still much more than twice of CPU usage than the MP1 client.
    Also the GUI seems not so fast as the MP1 GUI.
    Wasn´t the goal from MP2 also to reduce the hardware needs? Is there something like Shift+1 to check which codec MP2 really uses? Perhaps that is the issue?

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We have another kind of statistics, that can be enabled by pressing F10 key. F11 toggles between different render synchronization modes (default, VSync, MaxPerformance), but when a video is playing the GUI framerate is always synchronized with the video.

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the Information. I tried all render synchronization modes but the high CPU usage still exists. So MP2 needs a lot of more CPU power comparing to MP1 while playing videos or live tv. Is that a bug or a feature :)
    Will this change in the near future?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just gave MP2 another go, it's progressing nicely. Some larger and minor issues:

I have changed my server since the last time I tried the software and have now problem importing the shares. I use Drive Bender on the server with "Mount Points" for the shares, e.g. a mount point for Videos give "\\server\Videos". This works fine for Windows computers on the network and also MP1. MP2 do not see these shares. I can only browse the non Driver Bender shares on \\Server. Have I missed something? Do you want logs for this?

TV is working fine for me with MPExtended. It did only accept the local ip and not the dyndns address that I normally use.

I really miss to input letters with the keyboard.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This works fine for Windows computers on the network and also MP1. MP2 do not see these shares. I can only browse the non Driver Bender shares on \\Server. Have I missed something? Do you want logs for this?
    Yes please post logfiles and some more information about the shares (and type) you have and which of them doesn't show up. I have never seen or used the Drive Bender feature...

I really miss to input letters with the keyboard.
    You can input by keyboard, if you focus a textbox, all keyboard input is accepted (even copy & paste). The VirtualKeyboard (on screen) only appears, if you hit "ok" or "Enter" when textbox has focus.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You are correct regarding the text input, I clicked on the text field and got the virtual keyboard and then normal keyboard is not working. Normal keyboard is working when textfield is selected and virtual keyboard is inactive. I expected to be able to write with the keyboard when point and click in the text field...

Driver bender can be tested for free during a limited period of time.
    Driver Bender:http://www.drivebender.com/

Attached is logs, screen dumps from MP2, windows view of the shares and setup in driver bender.

Is that enough or do you need something else?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom