MediaPortal 2 MIA Rework snapshot (2015-04-10) (1 Viewer)

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you tell me the name of your branch? I would like to test the MIA rework, unless it's not a public branch?

It's public but not in the official repo so it's sort of "hidden in plain sight". However it's going to need a shakedown eventually so your offer has spurred me into action :)

I've pushed my work in progress changes upstream to https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/tree/EXP_MIA_Rework and you can get an installer from http://tinyurl.com/qj3esc8

A couple of things to bear in mind:
    • The MIA rework is incompatible with all other branches as far as the media library and data serialisation are concerned. I had some SQL upgrade steps at one point but they got too complex so I gave up on that. The best thing to do is probably an uninstall of every machine you're going to test with rather than trying to put the MIA work on top of an existing install.
    • You can keep your existing settings (the XML files in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal) but the media library database MP2-Server\Database\Datastore.s3db will need to be deleted. Don't worry you won't lose data; everything in the database will be regenerated from source material
    • You will lose the details of your media sources because that too lives in the database. As it happens I've been working on a utility of sorts which can perform some basic admin tasks without having to run up a GUI (attached here because it's not on GitHub yet)
    • I left the most disappointing bit to last. You won't actually see any changes. The majority of the framework is in place to create the missing types of item (albums, seasons, series) and link them together but it's all behind the scenes at the moment.
    **edit: media source migration commands**
    Do this before the reinstall:
    DevTools --direct sources list

Do this after reinstall with the output you got from above:
    DevTools sources add <name> <path> <categories>

Attachments

• DevTools.7z
      20.8 KB
    Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Not sure if it something I did but

Application: DevTools.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
    Stack:
    at MediaPortal.DevTools.Program.Main(System.String[])

Faulting application name: DevTools.exe, version: 2.0.0.1504, time stamp: 0x55284815

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x53159a86

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000c42d

Faulting process id: 0xd54

Faulting application start time: 0x01d073db552a7e94

Faulting application path: F:\MediaPortal\MP2\MP2 Weekly\DevTools\DevTools.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 92f26946-dfce-11e4-beb4-f46d047a24fc

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    Attached another archive with dependent DLLs. Can you run it from a DOS prompt, see if you get any command line output?

Attachments

• DevTools.7z
      2 MB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @MrTechno:
    It runs from a prompt but asks for options.
    Suggestions?

DevTool.jpg

Last edited:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Unfortunately after installing your build the MP2 Server isn't starting. I even tried a completely fresh install, after deleting every MP2 directory in ProgramData and Program Files, still not possible for me to start the server...
    Attached logs, if you need something more, tell me :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @MrTechno, thanks a lot at first (y)
    I have only one question. Will there be also ItemDescriptions for Albums, Series, Saisons? I couldn't find it in FanArtBackgroundModel:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ervice.Client/Models/FanArtBackgroundModel.cs

I put all the news from aspect wrappers in an overview. I need it for me to keep the overview during skinning :) But maybe it is also helpful for somebody else.
    AW_MP2.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, question No. 2: Is there no rating for a series?

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    Will there be also ItemDescriptions for Albums, Series, Saisons?
    Love the diagram. Yes absolutely there can be descriptions, the first cut of the new MIAs was just me moving some attributes from the existing ones. I'll add a description attribute into the next build. Let me know if there's any others that would be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom