[Blog] MediaPortal 2 progress report (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    For example I was wondering if the client/server architecture which can be used in MP1 for TV functionality, is forwarded to other functionalities, like a central Video, Music database and perhaps also for plugins like MyTVSeries, Moving Pictures, etc.
    Yes, that is part of the MP2 architecture.

Baboonanza

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    North London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm just curious about some "design goals" of MP2 and maybe I overlooked it.

For example I was wondering if the client/server architecture which can be used in MP1 for TV functionality, is forwarded to other functionalities, like a central Video, Music database and perhaps also for plugins like MyTVSeries, Moving Pictures, etc.

I know there are some tricks now to make this (kind of) possible with MP1, but if it is by design it would be nice :)
    That is how MP2 works, yes

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    But fact is that for i.e. h.264 there are _many_ different encoders around (commercial and freware/OS). And they all do little things differently.

sorry to rehash on the past but i was thinking would it be possible to integrate graphedit into MP2 so we can see what graphs are being built and see them inside the mp window

another idea is allow a manual selection per file and when we like the config of a single file we could have an option to "save" the current filters/splitter/renderer .

it may be some effort but it allows far more combinations / configurations than currently allowed in MP1

i dont even know if thats possible ^^

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    sorry to rehash on the past but i was thinking would it be possible to integrate graphedit into MP2 so we can see what graphs are being built and see them inside the mp window

Not in scope of HTPC application. Such woud be required only for troubleshooting or setting up the environment. Also it wont be anything that you could do with the remote controller.

another idea is allow a manual selection per file and when we like the config of a single file we could have an option to "save" the current filters/splitter/renderer .

Such requirement usually comes from a wrongly configured playback environment (directshow). It is nothing that any daily user should be required to be doing ever. If/when there is some sort of graph building configuring allowed it will happen on content type level, not on a file level. If it is required to be done on file based level either there is bug in the used filters or shole directshow environment is somehow wrongly setup.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    iLoop, what about the releasedate for MP2 Alpha? Yesterday on IRC:

MediaPortal 2 - 2.0.0 Alpha 1 (Scheduled For Release 2016-12-24)

And on the frontpage in new years message it states 2011

Please make up your mind :D

trahajopro86

Portal Member
    June 5, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I thought I notices that also. I thought in Mantis a fre ways ago it said 2.0 Alpha would be available 12-24-11, now it says 2016.... Thought I was going crazy.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I thought I notices that also. I thought in Mantis a fre ways ago it said 2.0 Alpha would be available 12-24-11, now it says 2016.... Thought I was going crazy.
    I have to enter a date for a version in mantis.
    The problem I have with MP2 is that no one of us knows the date when the first alpha will be released.
    So I set it to one which we should be able to make it for. :D

But seriously. As soon as we can give out a real date for alpha 1, I will update mantis accordingly. :)

woo73

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal 2 progress report

Hello,

I am using "MediaPortal 1" and I love it very much.
    Maybe somebody else misses the following feature. And so I want to ask if it is planned to implement the feature in Version 2.

The missed feature:
    Possibility to add the functionality of any button rendered within MePo to a favorite list.
    For example: Adding a specific Category of the addon "OnlineVideos" to a favorite list.

XBMC offers this possibility. I don't know if it is realizable within MePo's architecture?

And by the way: Would there be the possibility to create own menus/entries in the main menu :) ?

Thanks,
    woo73

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi woo73 - Interesting idea, afaik the UI and skin for MediaPortal 2 is still very much 'in development'.

However, did you know that many skins in MediaPortal 1 allow you to customize your Basic Home screen and select which items display there? MediaPortal 1.2.0 offers skinners even more options for customization, such as opening a plugin with a paramater - so you can open Online Videos to a specific site for example.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    About MP2 and UPnP:

Today it seems that UPnP supports only a limited amount of media types, and one needs a transcoder for the non-supported stuff, is this correct? Or is it only the playback ability on the UPnP client that is the limitation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom